Shadowheart, like others, can be romanced if you have put in effort in raising the approval rating to green in Baldur’s Gate 3. The opinion of the characters is based on the approval rating, which you can check for each character.
These approval ratings can open up more dialogue options, quests, and romancing options, increasing the BG3 overall experience.
Now, read on to find out how you can gain Shadowheart’s approval and what choices can lead to a decrease in her approval of you in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to gain Shadowheart approval in BG3
Shadowheart is a secretive, kind-hearted, and trickster person. She likes actions where violence is avoided as much as possible. Being a trickster, she will want you to use your cunning skills, like Sleight of hands, to resolve the matter without hurting anyone.
You can increase her approval rating by doing the following actions in BG3.
- Shadowheart is a secret person and will value players who respect her boundaries. She will tell you more about her background as your approval rating increases. She will, however, encourage curiosity at the right time. You will be rewarded for this in the future.
- Shadowheart, despite being a follower of Shar, is a kind and loving person. She appreciates if you don’t harm anyone and help children, pet animals, etc. You can also use this as an exploit to pet your companion dog Scratch many times to increase Shadowheart approval in BG3 to full.
- Shadowheart approves actions you do out of self-interest.
- She approves if you pass skill checks of persuasion, deceit, religion, and insight. All these will find ways to avoid fights as much as possible.
- Shadowheart also likes you; her approval ratings increase when you take her side instead of Lae’zel. If you go for her preferred ways in combat and dialogue instead of Lae’zel, her approval rating will go up, but this is a double-edged sword and will affect Lae’zel’s approval rating too.
Shadowheart approval down choices
Like many characters in BG3, Shadowheart has a few things she does not like, and her approval will go down if she sees you do them. As mentioned before, she is a loving, caring, secretive trickster, and if you consent to unnecessary violence, she will not approve of your actions.
Now, we will see what choice will put her in a bad mood in BG3.
- First and foremost, she is secretive, and nosing around will decrease Shadowheart’s approval of you in BG3. In the beginning, if you ask about the cube she has, her approval goes down, so refrain from doing that.
- Shadowheart is a kind and loving person who wants to help the poor, elderly, and children. She hates unnecessary violence. If you don’t have any other option than to kill, she will understand, but other than that, disapproval will follow suit.
- One thing Shadowheart dislikes the most, and you will find this at the very start of the game when you free her, is the Githyanki people. Lae’zel can be the main source of disapproval if you side too much with her ideas and shun Shadowheart in Baldur’s Gate 3 in favor of her.
- Finally, Shadowheart is a trickster. This is why you must be careful in your dialogue options and be consistent with your choice.