Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Sphinx Riddles is part of the quest Lore of the Sphinx. We have compiled a guide to help you win against Sphinx and have also listed the potential answers that you can use against the Sphinx’ questions.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Sphinx Riddles Solutions
The quest Lore of the Sphinx can be obtained after doing the side quests A Family’s Legacy in the region of Thera and Awaken the Myth in Boeotia region.
To trigger this quest, you must find Atlanta after completing the aforementioned side quests. You can get this quest when you are in the Sequence 7 right after the story quest titled United Front.
After completing the Lore of the Sphinx, you will be able to encounter the mythical beast named Sphinx.
Instead of fighting, you will be asked by Sphinx three questions that are random. They will change every time you fail. We have listed the questions below:
- “I create my lair with earthen string, and dispatch my prey with a biting sting.” – Snake
- “At night they come without being fetched and by day they are lost without being stolen.” – Stars
- “What is large, yet never grows; has roots that cannot be seen, and is taller than the trees?” – Mountain
- “I’m alive but without breath; I’m as cold in life as in death; I’m never thirsty, though I always drink.” – Fish
- “Never resting, never still; moving silently from hill to hill; it does not walk, run, or trot; all is cool where it is not.” – Sun
- “As small as your thumb, I am light in the air. You may hear me before you see me but trust that I’m there” – Hummingbird
- “This thing all things devour: birds, beasts, trees, flowers; gnaws iron, bites steel; grinds hard stones to meal; slays” – Time
- “What can run but never walks; has a mouth but never talks; has a head but never weeps; has a bed but never sleeps?” – River
- “What can bring back the dead; make you cry, make you laugh, make you young; is born in an instant, yet lasts a lifetime?” – Memory
- “What is always old and sometimes new, never sad, sometimes blue, never empty, but sometimes, full, never Pushes, always pulls?” – Moon
- “In spring I am gay in the handsome array; in summer more clothing I wear; when colder it grows, I fling off my clothes; and in winter quite naked appear.” – Tree
- “Some try to hide, some try to cheat; but time will show, we always will meet. Try as you might to guess my name; I promise you’ll know when I do claim.” – Destiny
After completing these riddles, you will be asked by the Sphinx to touch the stones in the order that you answered the questions.
Your answers will be illuminated on the stones. After successfully doing that, you will earn the “Riddle me this” Achievement/Trophy and complete this quest.
And that is all for the Sphinx’ riddles in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Apologies in advance for the Moon answer; we have yet to encounter the question for that so we cannot write the question for that. Let us know in the comments if you found the question for it. We will add it later down the road.
Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey Wiki
How to Unlock Atlantis
How to Unlock Arena
How to Unlock Evie Frye
Sphinx Riddles Solutions
Side Quests Walkthrough
Daughters of Artemis Locations
Easter Eggs, References, and Secrets
Ainigmata Ostraka Locations and Puzzles Solutions