If you want to take over the game quickly and easily, the best way is to use the cheats but using the cheats is a whole process in Sims 4. We have explained the detailed process of activating and using cheats in The Sims 4 For Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4.
The process for using the cheats in each console is different, so we have solved this problem in this guide by briefly explaining each one. This guide for The Sims 4 also includes all cheats to help you get infinite money in Sims 4, UI extension mod, and Items. We have made separate headings for each cheat so you can find them easily.
How to Enable Cheats in The Sims 4
Cheats are tough to remember, but The Sims 4 has made the process much more difficult by adding a step before utilizing the cheats. To use the cheat, you must first activate it. These cheats can help you in many ways, as they let you tweak the game to your needs and unlock different career items in Sims 4. This may be done by following one of the following methods, depending on the console you’re using:
Hold down Ctrl + Shift + C if you’re on a PC.
If you’re using a Mac, hold down Command + Shift + C.
For Xbox One
If you’re using an Xbox One, simultaneously press all the trigger buttons.
For Playstation 4
If you’re using PlayStation 4, simultaneously press all the trigger buttons.
How to Enable Testing Cheats
Enabling cheats is different in every console because of the difference in controls but enabling testing cheats is the same for every console because it is just like a cheat, and you know cheats are universal for every platform in Sim 4.
When you enable cheats, a pop-up box will display on the screen. Press enter after typing testingcheats true or testingcheats on. After that, the game will confirm that the cheats have been enabled.
If you wish to turn off the cheats for whatever reason, type testingcheats false or testingcheats off in the same pop-up window. Then, in the same pop-up window, type and enter to input the real cheats.
There is an option in Sims 4 to show more cheat options by shift-clicking on the sims. Don’t worry if you are playing on PlayStation or Xbox, as both don’t have the shift button.
To shift-click on Playstation, press X + O simultaneously, and for Xbox, press A + B simultaneously. For example, if you want to boost your Sim’s mood, right-click on the Sim and pick Cheat Need. After doing this, you can boost the mood of your Sim.
If you want your Sim to not want anything like food or rest, you may also disable need decay by choosing cheat Need and Disable Need Decay.
You can do several things while Shift-Clicking like:
- Rest the status of the Sim.
- Teleport the Sim by Shift-clicking on the arrival location.
- Clean any item.
- Change the name and trait of your Sim.
Use these cheats to make money in Sims 4
- To get 1000 simoleons, enter “rosebud” or “kaching.”
- To get 50000 simoleons, enter “motherlode.”
- To give your household the custom amount of money, enter “Money X.”
- To reduce the price of all your neighboring lots, enter “FreeRealEstate On.”
- To switch off the billing of your home utilities, enter “autopay_bills true“.
You can find all the skill cheats below, but you can replace 5 with any number from 0 to 10 to determine the skill level you want.
- set_skill_level Major_Bartending 5
- set_skill_level Major_Charisma 5
- set_skill_level Major_Comedy 5
- set_skill_level Major_Fishing 5
- set_skill_level Skill_Fitness 5
- set_skill_level Major_Gardening 5
- set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 5
- set_skill_level Major_Guitar 5
- set_skill_level Major_Handiness 5
- set_skill_level Major_HomestyleCooking 5
- set_skill_level Major_Logic 5
- set_skill_level Major_Mischief 5
- set_skill_level Major_Painting 5
- set_skill_level Major_Photography 5
- set_skill_level Major_Piano 5
- set_skill_level Major_Programming 5
- set_skill_level Major_RocketScience 5
- set_skill_level Major_VideoGaming 5
- set_skill_level Major_Violin 5
- set_skill_level Major_Writing 5
- To unravel unique career goods, enter “ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement“
- To reveal goods in the catalog that you normally wouldn’t be able to see, enter “showhiddenobjects“.
- To construct objects wherever you choose, enter “enablefreebuild“.
- Add things where the grid won’t let you enter “moveobjects on“.
- death.toggle true – kill your Sim
- death.toggle false – unkill your sim
- sims.add_buff Ghostly – your Sim becomes a ghost for four in-game hours
- stats.set_stat commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100 – kills a Vampire sim (requires The Sims 4 Vampires expansion)
World and UI Cheats
- To turn dialog boxes and mind bubbles on, enter “headlineeffects on” and “headlineeffects off.”
- To turn on and off the hover effect when you pass the cursor above the Sim, enter “hovereffects on” and “hovereffects off.”
- To get in and out of the fullscreen, enter “fullscreenToggle.”
- To turn on and off the frame per second display on the screen, enter “fps on” and “fps off.”
- To reset the name of the Sim, if it has become stuck, enter “resetsim Codie Leonard,” but put the name of your Sim after reset Sim.
- Teleport Sim – Lets you switch your sim’s place.
- Make head – Replace your Sim’s head with any item of your choice.
- Cheat Need > Make Happy – Your Sim becomes happy, and their motives become full.
- Modify in CAS – Edit your Sim’s appearance in the Create-a-Sim menu.
- Make Dirty or Make Clean – Either cleans an object or makes it dirty
- Cheat Need > Enable Need Decay or Disable Need Decay – Enable or disable need changes for your sim.
- Reset Object – Reset the status of Sims or objects.
- Add to Family – Bring any Sim into your family.
Build Mode Cheats
- modebb.moveobjects –Place items anywhere you want.
- bb.showhiddenobjects – Lets you purchase hidden items.
- bb.enablefreebuild – You can build anywhere you want with this cheat
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement – You can buy career-locked items.
- headlineeffects on or off – controls headline effects such as speech bubbles
- hovereffects on or off – controls the hover effect when you move over a Sim
- fullscreenToggle – will make the game either full screen or windowed on PC
- fps on or off – will show or hide the current frames per second on the screen
Live Mode cheats
- resetsim [firstname lastname] – Lets you reset any Sim that is stuck.
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone – Finish aspirational goals for any sim.
- sims.give_satisfaction_points [#] – Gain as many satisfaction points for your sim as you want.
- fillmotive motive_Bladder or Energy or Fun or Hunger or Hygiene or Social – fulfills the specified motive
- sims.fill_all_commodities – fulfils every motive in the household
These are some of the most useful and most widely used career cheats in The Sims 4:
- careers.promote – Promote your Sim
- careers.add_career – Switch your Sim’s career
- careers.remove_career – Remove any career you want from your Sim
- careers.retire – Have your Sim retire from a career and still get a monthly pension.
To use any Career Cheats, type the basic cheat commands mentioned above, followed by the official designation for your career of choice. The list of Careers and their designated cheat code words is below, with the part you need to type in bold:
- Politician – Activist (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Acting – Actor (The Actor Career in Sims 4 requires The Sims 4 Get Famous expansion)
- Astronaut – Astronaut
- Athlete – Athletic
- Painter – Painter
- Scientist – Scientist (requires The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion)
- Secret Agent – SecretAgent
- Social Media – SocialMedia (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Style Influencer – Influencer
- Tech Guru – TechGuru
- Writer – Writer
- Business – Business
- Criminal – Criminal
- Critic – Careers_Adult_Critic (requires The Sims 4 City Living expansion)
- Culinary – Culinary
- Detective – Detective (requires The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion)
- Doctor- Doctor (requires The Sims 4 Get to Work expansion)
- Entertainer – Entertainer
- Babysitter – Teen_Babysitter
- Barista – Teen_Barista
- Fast Food Employee – Teen_FastFood
- Scout – Scout (requires The Sims 4 Seasons expansion)
- Manual Laborer – Teen_Manual
- Retail Employee – Teen_Retail
Romance and Friendship Cheats
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others – become friends with all your neighbors
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim – Your Sim gains a friend.
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Friendship_Main – Raise friendship level to maximum
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Romance_Main – Raise romance level to maximum
- stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_conflictresolution X- you can change conflict resolution.
- stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_emotionalcontrol X- you can change emotional conflict.
- stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_empathy X- you can change empathy.
- stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_manners X- you can change manners.
- stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_responsibility X- you can change responsibility.
- unlock_perk RegisterMimic true – you can unlock the Register of Tomorrow perk.
- unlock_perk SignageMimic true – you can unlock the Stunning Sign perk.
- unlock_perk PedestalMimic true – you can unlock the Provocative Pedestal perk.
- unlock_perk AdditionalWorker_1 true – you can unlock the Additional Employee #1 perk.
- unlock_perk AdditionalWorker_2 true – you can unlock the Additional Employee #2 perk.
- unlock_perk CustomerPurchaseIntent true – you can unlock the Serious Shopper perk.
- unlock_perk ImproveManagementSocials true- you can unlock the Mega Manager perk.
- unlock_perk ImproveRetailSocials true – you can unlock the Slick Salesman perk.
- unlock_perk DecreaseRestocking_Temporary true – you can unlock the Superfluous Surplus perk.
- unlock_perk DescreaseRestockingCost true – you can unlock the Cheaper Restocking perk.
- unlock_perk StorePlacard_1 true – you can unlock the Placard: My First Simoleon perk.
- unlock_perk StorePlacard_2 true – you can unlock the Placard: Fobbs 500 perk.
- unlock_perk RetailOutfit true – you can unlock the Snazzy Shirt perk.
- unlock_perk CheckoutSpeed_Small true – you can unlock the Faster Checkouts (small) perk.
- unlock_perk CheckoutSpeed_Large true – you can unlock the Faster Checkouts (large) perk.
- unlock_perk RestockSpeed_Small true – you can unlock the Faster Restocking (small) perk.
- unlock_perk RestockSpeed_Large true – you can unlock the Faster Restocking (large) perk.
- unlock_perk CustomerBrowseTime true – you can unlock the Curious Shopper perk.
- unlock_perk SureSaleSocial true – you can unlock the Sure Sale perk.
- unlock_perk InstantRestock true – you can unlock the Instant Restocking perk.
- unlock_perk RecommendDishSocial true – you can unlock the Curious Customers perk.
- unlock_perk AdditionalWaiter_1 true – you can unlock the Additional Waiter #1 perk.
- unlock_perk IngredientQualityOptions true – you can unlock the Ingredient Quality Options perk.
- unlock_perk MoreCustomers true – you can unlock the Meal Rush perk.
- unlock_perk IngredientCostDiscount true – you can unlock the the Surplus Harvest perk.
- unlock_perk LengthenImpatienceTimeout true – you can unlock the Patient Patrons perk.
- unlock_perk AdditionalChef true – you can unlock the Additional Chef perk.
- unlock_perk RecommendDishFrequency true – you can unlock the Curiouser Customers perk.
- unlock_perk AdditionalWaiter_2 true – you can unlock the Additional Waiter #2 perk.
- unlock_perk InspirationalSpeechSocial true – you can unlock the Inspirational Speech perk.
- unlock_perk EatFaster true – you can unlock the Fast Eaters perk.
- unlock_perk LowerEmployeeTrainingCost true – you can unlock the Lower Employee Training Costs perk.
- unlock_perk CheaperIngredients_1 true – you can unlock the ngredient Discount (small) perk.
- unlock_perk ExpensiveOrders true – you can unlock the Well Funded Foodsies perk.
- unlock_perk RiskFreeMarkup true – you can unlock the Tidy Tippers perk.
- unlock_perk CheaperIngredients_2 true – you can unlock the Ingredient Discount (large) perk.
- unlock_perk LowerChanceBadEvents_Small true – you can unlock the Well Managed perk.
- unlock_perk ChefsHat true – you can unlock the The Chef’s Hat perk.
- Compassionate – lifeskills_compassionate
- Insensitive – lifeskills_unfeeling
Conflict Reeolution Traits
- Mediator – lifeskills_mediator
- Argumentative – lifeskills_argumentative
- Good Manners lifeskills_goodmanners
- Bad Manners lifeskills_badmanners
- Responsible – lifeskills_responsible
- Irresponsible – lifeskills_irresponsible
Emotional Control Traits
- Emotional Control – lifeskills_emotionalcontrol
- Uncontrolled Emotions – lifeskills_uncontrolledemotion
- unlock_perk vetperks_LengthenImpatienceTimeout true- you can increase your patience.
- unlock_perk vetperks_InspirationalSpeechSocial true- you can boost morale of your employee.
- unlock_perk AdditionalVet_1 true – you can hire a vet Sim
- unlock_perk AdditionalVet_2 true – you can hire an additional vet Sim.
- unlock_perk vetPerks_ReducePetStres true – you can reduce stress for your pet.
- unlock_perk vetperks_UnlockCASItem true – you can get a coat for your vet.
- unlock_perk SupplyQuality true – you can control quality and cost of your vet.
- unlock_perk vetperks_MoreCustomers true – you can get more customers to visit your clinic.
- unlock_perk vetperks_LowerEmployeeTrainingCost true – you can reduce the cost of training for your employee.
- unlock_perk vetperks_LowerChanceBadEvents_Small true – you can protect your clinic from any bad stuff happening to it.