In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate Dreadful Crimes ‘The Most Hated Man in London’ Guide
Dreadful Crimes are a special set of investigative side-quests in Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate that require you to carry out classic murder investigations by acquiring clues and arriving to a final suspect.
Note: You should investigate all clues with Eagle Vision. Be warned: this guide is full of SPOILERS. Read at your own risk.
The Most Hated Man in London
The rewards for solving this Dreadful Crime are:
£: 2500 (Max)
XP: 1000 (Max)
City of London
Author Henry Raymond and the boy Artie can be found outside an open industrial yard in the southeast City of London. This murder revolves around the most despised man in London, Ashton, who was crushed by a crate However, there’s more than just one person who wanted him dead, and it’s your job to find out who delivered the most crucial blow.
You’ll find Ashton Wilkin’s body on the sidewalk east from your starting point. Here, you’ll have 5 Clues to investigate.
- Wilkin’s Body – Inspect the cadaver to discover some interesting things. Although Ashton was crushed, that’s not the only major trauma to his body. He also has a puncture wound in the back, a bullet wound, and more.
- Ashton’s Agenda – There’s an agenda next to the body which has Ashton’s daily activities.
- Watch – Check the pocket watch beside the agenda.
- Crate – The crate that landed on the body gives you an idea of where it came from.
- Tracks – There are tracks on the sidewalk that appear to be Ashton’s own. Following these opens up more investigation zones, but before that, talk to the Suspect
Talk to Dr. Chester, who was just walking by, about Ashton, the Puncture wound, and his Pallor. You’ll learn of how there is more than a few killing methods that were applied to Ashton simultaneously.
Once you’ve talked to Dr. Chester, follow the Tracks to a new Investigation Zone. You’ll come across an Applestand, which has 1 Clue.
- Apple – Find an apple on the sidewalk while following the footprints towards the applestand. There’s an indication of it being poisoned. How original.
With that clue, you have 2 Suspects here to investigate.
- Ashton – While following the footprints, you’ll find her on the street. Talk to her about Ashton and the Hair.
- Apple Seller – Interrogate the Apple Seller who is at the applestand. Ask her about Ashton.
Once you’re done with these two suspects, continue following Ashton’s footprints all the way to the Pub. Here, you’ll find 2 Clues.
- Newspaper – Find a newspaper on a table on the left of the pub’s entrance.
- Revolver – There’s a revolver in a wastebasket on the floor, just near the piano. One chamber is empty.
After this, talk to the 1 Suspect here.
- Hendricks – Talk to Hendricks, who stands facing the door at the pub. Ask him about Ashton, Sabotage, and the Gun. You’ll get some good information that will develop the case further.
You’re pretty much done at the Pub. Keep following Ashton’s footprints from the pub all the way to the Pharmacy. You have 3 Clues here to investigate.
- Medicine Box – While on the path to the pharmacy, you’ll find a medicine box on the sidewalk just before you reach the entrance.
- Pharmaceutical Cabinet – Inside the pharmacy, turn left as soon as you enter and look out the window. There’s a cabinet here that can be searched to find some interesting bits about the box you found earlier.
- Letter – There’s a letter located in the back right corner beside the drug counter. Read it for some further insight.
After the clues, talk to the 2 Suspects here.
- Reese – This is the guy standing behind the counter. Ask him about Ashton, Mary, and the Letter.
- Mary – Mary is the assistant who is standing next to Mr. Reese. Talk to her about Ashton.
Now, it’s time to track back and talk to a few people you’ve already spoken to. First, head back to the Apple seller and talk to her about Mary and Ashton’s Pallor, then head back to the pharmacy and talk to Mary about the Apple to get more information.
With the tracks pretty much covered, you’ll need to go to the Construction site where the crane is. There are 2 Clues to be found here.
- Crane – The crane is on the other side of the wall from the victim.
- Handbill – Check the handbill on the ground behind a shack.
Once you’ve found these two clues, you’ll need to talk to the 2 Suspects here.
- Eddie – Eddie is the worker farthest from the crane. Talk to him about Ashton, Crane, and the Crushed Arm handbill.
- Frank – Frank is the crane operator and is standing next to the crane. Ask him about Ashton and 1:17pm, and the Crane.
After talking to Frank, head back to the Apple seller and talk to her about Frank to get some more information.
With all these clues found and suspects interrogated, it’s time to Accuse someone.
You’ll need to do a bit of math to add up the time. Ashton was shot, punctured, poisoned, and crushed simultaneously, but one of those killed him way before the rest.
Some simple calculation will deduce that it was the puncture wound that killed the man, and there’s only one suspect tied to that one.
Accuse Mrs. Ashton of the murder, and the police will deal with her. Ashton was a bad person, but he suffered a truly brutal death, having been poisoned, punctured, shot, and crushed. The man really didn’t do well in life in making friends.