PlayStation 4 was a massive hit and upcoming PlayStation 5 is not going to be any less as the rumors are dropping in which tell us that it has a release date set for 2019. New PlayStation 5 leaks tell us a possible release date and it’s coming from someone who recently predicted that Sony will miss the upcoming E3 which turned out to be true the next day.
Yes, Sony has officially confirmed that they are going missing E3 2019 but some people were not surprised at all because it was already leaked a day before from a user called RuthenicCookie on Reddit. At first, many didn’t believe him but the next day it was officially confirmed by Sony through a statement which was obtained by Game Informer. Now, this cancellation is something which hasn’t happened in the past 24 years of Sony so there’s definitely a reason behind it.
Since the leak turned out to be true, we now have to give some attention to RuthenicCookie as he’s been active recently talking about the upcoming PlayStation 5, PSVR 2 and its release date.
So we decided to point out everything he’s leaking on Reddit. Do take this all with a grain of salt. It’s true that one of his leaks turned out to be true but that doesn’t mean that it’s going to be the same case every time.
According to him, PlayStation 5 or PS5 is going to revealed sometime in mid of 2019 in an event similar to PS4 reveal previously. After that, Sony returns with PSX event to reveal more about the upcoming PlayStation 5. Now he further tells that Sony is targeting March 2020 release date but it could also be pushed to November.
After reading his comments, we came to know that PlayStation 5 is capable of running at stable 4K along with 60 FPS. The Playstation/PS5 will come with a Ryzen 8 core and it’s going to cost $500 which is going to be a very reasonable price for a next-gen console.
Other than PlayStation 5 reveal next year, he also talked about PSVR 2 and a few upcoming games. According to him, the PSVR 2 will have its processing box built inside PS5. PS5 will have a built-in camera for tracking and new PlayStation Move controller are also going to come with it. He also mentioned that Sony is testing some kind of VR gloves which we can’t talk about much at the moment.
PlayStation 5 is also going to bring some late PS4 games. These games include Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part 2. According to him, Anthem will get delayed once again and that’s something very likely to happen but let’s hope not.
We are going to compile everything RuthenticCookie has said in a list below.
- PlayStation Experience will return in 2019
- Dev Kits are already available
- PS5 will run 4k with 60 FPS
- Sony’s E3 2019 cancellation is because they have nothing new to show
- PS5 will be revealed in mid-2019
- PS5 announcement will be in 1 year and release in 1.5 or 2 years
- Games like Death Stranding and The Last of Us Part 2 will come on PS5. Developers have PS5 dev kits and EA is already testing Anthem on it which might get delayed once again.
- Death Stranding, The Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tshushima will be the launch titles of PS5
- The above-mentioned games don’t have a release date yet so they might end up coming on PS5
- Recently released Red Dead Redemption 2 will be ported to PS5 sometime in March of 2020
- PS5 specs consist of Ryzen 8 core and the price is $500. PS VR 2 will have a processing box built inside the console. Built-in camera too, also for DS5.
- Ape Escape 4 confirmed
- Bloodborne 2 is not happening anytime soon
- Most of the PS4 titles will be on PS5
- PSV instead of PS5
Now do take this all with a grain of salt as nothing has been officially confirmed yet. PS5 rumors are all over the internet and we recently got to know that Bethesda is discussing PS5 with Sony.