Similar to the first game, Overwatch 2 blends a vibrant, fun-filled first-person hero shooter with competitive elements. You will need to improve your reflexes, aim, and precision to make the most of every enemy encounter; all of which rely on having a good crosshair to a certain degree.
Do take note that you can always stick with the default crosshair in the sequel. Changing your crosshair settings will not get you ready for the Overwatch League so to speak. Finding the right crosshair for each hero though will add a bit of comfort to your gameplay.
This is because every hero in Overwatch 2 has a plethora of abilities that can be spammed all at once. The number of special effects on your screen can make it difficult to keep track of moving targets.
Your own hero can add so much to your screen that you can easily lose sight of your crosshair. Hence, it becomes important to customize your crosshair settings. The following guide will show you how in Overwatch 2.
How to change your crosshair settings in Overwatch 2
Changing your crosshair in the sequel is a simple process.
- Head into Options from either the main menu or by pressing Esc in-game.
- Head into Controls and then click on General on the left side of the screen.
- Find the Reticle section to start tweaking your crosshair settings.
- Select the type of crosshair you want: Default, Circle, Crosshairs, Circle and Crosshairs, or Dot.
- Click on the + icon to customize your selected crosshair type.
- You can do further customizations by heading into Advanced settings. These include changing the color, thickness, opacity, size, scaling, and more of your crosshair.
How to set a Custom Crosshair for each hero
It is good that you come up with your crosshair setting as the certain setting may fit best for one hero but not for any other. In Overwatch 2, you can customize the crosshair settings for each hero, and here’s how to do that.
- Head on to the Menu and choose Options from there.
- After selecting controls, you’ll see a Change Hero button on the right side of the screen and below the All Heroes Portrait Box.
- Go to the Select Hero Menu to choose the hero and you’ll be able to change the crosshair settings by pressing the + under the Reticle Menu.
What are the best Overwatch 2 crosshair settings?
The crosshair setting upon which most of the Pro Overwatch 2 players agree is the small reticle having high contrast. It is true because a small crosshair is a key to a sharper aim and high contrast enables the players to get better visibility in the gaming environment.
But this may not be true all the time as sometimes it is the heroes who are influencing the size of the reticle directly. Some heroes may not be benefitted from a small reticle.
You will need a larger reticle for heroes with spamming abilities. This is because a smaller crosshair will otherwise be difficult to spot on your screen.
It can be seen that Reinhardt is a hero who has melee weapons as his strength and this makes it useless for him to have a small crosshair setting.
While it all depends on your preference, having a smaller crosshair is recommended for snipers and precision-heavy heroes like Widowmaker. Having a larger crosshair is recommended for spamming heroes like Pharah.
In contrast, Neon Green, Magenta, and Cyan are one of the most widely used colors as they don’t easily blend into the environment. There are chances that if you’re using a dull or a very common color contrast, it will blend either into the environment or your enemy’s color.
When you are ready, take your hero and their new crosshair into the practice range to shoot some dummies. You can return to the same crosshair window to change settings as needed.