Cyberpunk 2077 has been in development for years now and finally, the game is expected to be revealed at E3 2018 next month with an hour-long rumored presentation as we get closer than ever to the first trailer of the game. But, due to a recent job listing, it looks like the game has a lot of time left in development as the company is looking to hire a combat designer for the game.
The job posted on the CD Projekt Red’s website states that the appointed person as combat designer will take ownership of delivering memorable combat encounters, that thrill and excite their players.
Main tasks to be performed by combat designer are as follows:
- Work with Quest Designers, Open World Designers, Level Designers and Environment Artists to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes.
- Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
- Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
- Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
- Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
- Help define combat scripting standards and ensure consistency in implementation across the project.
- Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to core combat systems and principles.
The selected person will create all combat encounters since is the main core of the Cyberpunk 2077 but it also tells that the game is in development and we will have to wait for a year or two before the game hits the shelves. Nobody should be surprised as the game is CD Projekt Red’s biggest title yet leaving behind Witcher 3.