Understanding the Party System of RPG games can be quite a tedious task. This Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Classes and Party Members Guide will tell you all about the Party Members that you can have in the game as well as which Classes can be used, what do they do, and what are the Best Classes in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Classes and Party Members
Some of your Party Members are Drivers like you so they have their own Blades. Remember that they are a part of the story and they will fight alongside you.
There are six main Party Members that you are going to take with you on the journey, they are Rex, Nia, Tora, Zeke, Vandham, and Morag. You can equip them with what you like!
There are also two other characters that come to your party at one point or the other known as In and Malos. They are temporary and less important than the others.
Every one of the characters has a specific role which they utilize. A Blade can have one of the three roles: Attack, Healer, or Tank.
Attackers are used to deal damage while Healers are used to supporting the team through healing. A Tank’s main job is to ensure that they soak up the damage so that the rest of their team can do their roles properly.
A Driver can have a class based on the Blade that he or she has and the amount of them. You can only have two Blades with you at the start of the game but eventually, you will be able to wield three of them at the same time. You have to balance the roles in your party to ensure victory for yourself.
Before we tell you about the specific Classes, remember that every character has one Blade which they cannot release, so watch out when you plan your team to ensure everything is handled smoothly. Now let’s take a look at the Classes in the game.
Single Blade Classes
The Single Blade Classes are for Drivers who have only 1 Blade equipped. These will mostly be used in the early stages of the game
- The Fighter has 1 ATK Blade and Boosts Damage Dealt by +1.
- The Healer has 1 HLR Blade and Boosts the Effect of HP Potion by +1 while Lowering Arts/Specials Aggro by the same amount.
- The Defender has 1 TNK Blade and Reduces Damage taken by 1 along with Boosting Auto Attack Aggro by +1.
Double Blade Classes
As you progress in the game, you’ll be able to give a Driver 2 Blades and a new type of classes called the Double Blade Classes will be introduced.
The class system starts to actually get a bit complex now as you’ll have a lot of options to decide from
- The Elite Fighter has 2 ATK Blades and Boosts the Amount of Damage you Deal by +2.
- The Elite Healer has 2 HLR Blades and Increases the Effect of HP Potion by +2 while Lowering Arts/Specials Aggro by the same amount
- The Elite Defender has 2 TNK Blades and Reduces Damage taken by you by +2 and Increases your Auto Attack Aggro and Arts/Specials Aggro by +2.
- The Warrior has 1 ATK and 1 TNK Blade to Reduce Damage by +1, Boost Damage Dealt by +1, Boost Arts and Special Aggro by +1.
- The Knight has 1 HLR Blade with 1 TNK Blade. This Reduces Damage Taken by +1 and Increases the Effect of HP Potion by +1 as well.
- The Cavalier has 1 ATK Blade with 1 HLR Blade and it Boosts Damage by +1, Increases HP Potion Effect by 1+, Lowers Arts and Specials Aggro by +1.
Triple Blade Classes
After some time, you’ll finally gain the ability to have a Driver equip 3 Blades at a time which will introduce the strongest classes in the game: The Triple Blade Classes
- The Master Fighter has three ATK Blades and has a +3 damage boost.
- The Master Defender has 3 TNK Blades and +3 damage reduction, +3 auto attack aggro boost and +3 specials aggro.
- The Master Healer has Three HLR Blades and has a +3 HP Potion Effect Boost along with Lower Arts and +3 Specials Aggro.
- The Wild Warrior has 2 ATK Blades and 1 TNK Blade, it Reduces Damage by +1, Boosts Damage by +3 along with Arts and Aggro.
- The Royal Warrior has 2 TNK Blades with 1 ATK Blade to Reduce Damage by +2, Boost Damage Dealt by +1, Boost Arts and Specials Aggro.
- The Holy Knight has 2 HLR Blades and 1 TNK to Reduce Damage taken by +1, Increase HP Potion Effect by +2, Specials Aggro by +1 and Lower Arts.
- The Royal Knight has 2 TNK Blades with 1 HLR Blade to Reduce Damage Taken by +2, Increase HP Potion Effect by +1, Boost Arts and Specials Aggro.
- The Jack of all Trades has 1 of Each Blade and Reduces Damage taken by +1, Increases Damage Dealt by +1 and Increases the HP Potion Effect by +1.
- The Holy Cavalier has 2 HLR Blades and 1 ATK Blade to Boost Damage Dealt by +1, Increase the Effect of HP Potion by +2, Lower Arts and Increase Specials Aggro by +2.
- The Wild Cavalier has 2 ATK Blades and 1 HLR Blade to decrease incoming damage by +1, boost your damage by +3 and boost Arts/Special Aggro by +1