Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds features a vast and expansive open world that you will be traversing while riding mounts. It is either that or on foot which is going to take you a lot of travel time.
The following guide will tell you how to first unlock the ability to use a mount and then explain how to unlock the mounts in the game themselves. You can also power-up your mount for a stat boost but that comes after you have gotten your first mount.
How To Unlock Mount Option
There are a total of seven mounts in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds that you can unlock and ride. Some of these mounts can be purchased while others require you to complete their respective quest. Before all of that though, you must unlock the mount option—the ability to collect and ride mounts.
For that, you will need to complete a Reputation mission after completing the first area in Evermore. Head to the Reputation Mission and select the Great Uncle Autumn. Go to him, and he will give you a quest called Unexpected Company. This quest will take you on a small journey where you will find Catarumps, your first mount in the game.
Save Catarumps from its captors and return to the Great Uncle Autumn. After interacting with Great Uncle Autumn again, not only does this cat become your first mount, but it also unlocks the mounts menu.
You can see all of the available mounts in your Mounts tab, even the ones you have not unlocked.
How To Get Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds Mounts
- Catarumpus: Unlocked by completing the Unexpected Company quest.
- Birdy: Comes with the 3 Days Of Happiness bundle that can be purchased from the store with real-life money.
- Wing Glider: Can be purchased for 4000 medals from the Medical Exchange Store.
- Rustbucket: Can be purchased for 600 gliders f from the Kingdom General Store.
- Penny-Farthing: Comes with the Area Achievement Bundle that can be purchased from the store with real-life money.
- Yakk: Unlocked by reaching level 30 and completing Al-Khemi’s Lucky Pot.
How To Power Up Mounts
To power up your mounts in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds you need Feather Teaser and 600 Gold each time you attempt to power up.
Do note, however, that your attempt can either be successful or fail as it is not guaranteed that your mount will power up. If you are successful in powering up your mount, your character combat power will increase.
When you are mounted, you will receive 100 percent of the stats bonus, while unmounted but with mount equipped, you will receive a 30 percent stats bonus. You can of course increase your mount’s max stats by upgrading or powering up the mount.