85% Of Content For Gran Turismo Sport Will Be Singleplayer Focused

Gran Turismo Sport is one of the most anticipated games of this year. Polyphony Digital is very confident about Gran Turismo Sport even claimed that car models in the game are superior to other racing sims. Now the studio has also revealed how much of the singleplayer and online content Gran Turismo Sport will feature.

During behind closed door presentation at PlayStation Experience South East Asia 2017, Gran Turismo Sport game director Kazunori Yamauchi revealed that Gran Turismo Sport’s single-player content makes up 85% of the entire content in the game and the online content is just 15%.

It might look focused on online at first glance, but in actuality the online portion of the game is probably about 15 percent. The rest of the 85 percent is actually an offline experience.

Following the full reveal of Xbox One X, there has been a lot of talk about PlayStation 5 on the internet. However, developer Polyphony Digital has developed the game with a theoretical PS5 in mind. According to Yamauchi, “It takes six months to create a single car. It’s over-specced for PS4 Pro. So we are building for future versions of the console rather than the one we see today”.

Developer Polyphony Digital has also announced the PSVR support for the upcoming Gran Turismo, however, the game will not be fully playable in VR.

Polyphony Digital President Kazanori Yamauchi has confirmed that Gran Turismo Sport will not be fully playable in VR and will have VR Tour game mode instead. This means that players will probably not be able to race with the VR headset plugged in.

He also added that Gran Turismo Sport will have no problem running at 8K on PlayStation 5, saying “I think it would be no problem to run it at 8K even”.

Gran Turismo Sport is an upcoming racing video game in development at Polyphony Digital and will launch on October 17, 2017, exclusively for PlayStation 4.

Will is our resident review-master, and it's him who writes most of the reviews you'll have read on our site. With his ancient knowledge of the secret review-fu arts, be sure that all the reviews ...