According to latest rumors, Ubisoft is working on next Assassin’s Creed codenamed “Legion” set in Italy and will launch in 2020. It’s great news for those who have already finished Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and are waiting for the next Assassin’s Creed game.
The site is claiming that it’s a leak came from Ubisoft and according to the leak we will play as two characters named Cassius and Lucia (descendants from Origins and Odyssey) in Assassin’s Creed Legion.
AC Legion will be a cross-platform game as it will release on the current gen and next gen consoles suggesting that it can also be a launch title for Xbox Scarlett and PlayStation 5.
You can check out all of the leaked information below but do take it all with a grain of salt because it’s hard to believe that Ubisoft would reveal any information about their next game which is more than a year away from its release.
– Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen
– Set in Italy at the end of reign of Marcus Aurelius (guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
– Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendent of characters from Origins and Odyssey
– Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
– Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the “Ancient Trilogy” and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
– Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
– Map is mainland Italy and small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
– Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things
Kotaku’s Jason Schreier also doesn’t believe in the leaked information but interestingly he somewhat confirmed that the information about Watch Dogs 3 is correct which makes it all very odd.
If the next Assassin’s Creed game is really in works then we will likely not hear about it until 2020. Until then you can play Assassin’s Creed 3 remaster which releases on March 29 for Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4.