Robbery is an integral part of Red Dead Redemption 2; for this very purpose, we have drafted RDR2 Robbery Guide that will focus on the various locations, and the walkthrough, on each of these robberies.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Robbery Locations
We have listed thirteen locations on the map that can be robbed. More will be added later onwards. These locations are all pretty popular spots, so be sure to have proper equipment before proceeding.
You can also vouch for a stealth robbery but only if its dark enough. Robbing a bank in the middle of the day while being unseen is kind of impossible, don’t you think?
There are several types of robberies, and we have decided to explain each one of them in this guide. Some of these may need you to complete your story up to a certain point, too. Take this before you go:
- Good heists need good planning. Plan well, memorize the number of NPCs in the area before proceeding to rob.
- Try to be stealthy during the night. Some robberies can be done with no risk if given correct conditions.
- Shoot in the air to startle the NPCs when doing a heist.
- Try to incapacitate potential heroes by using equipment.
- Escape as soon as possible. You don’t want to be here when the law reaches you.
- Some robberies are time-sensitive, that means you will have to complete them under a certain time after they are started. We will tag those robberies by stating (Time-Sensitive) in front of their name.
Coach Robbery Locations
Coach robberies are available from the start of the game but you make robberies more profitable by completing the quest ‘The Spines of America’ of Chapter 2.
As soon as you complete the quest ‘Friends in Very Low Places’ of Chapter 3, you can unlock six additional coach robbery missions.
You will need to talk to two specific ‘discouraged’ employees, specifically named ‘Hector’ and ‘Alden’, at the post offices to get hints on the location of the six coaches.
You can find Hector in the Strawberry Post Office and Alden in the Rhodes Post Office. You will find additional notes in your satchel that reveals more information on your targeted coaches.
Hector’s Coach 1
Northwest of Blackwater.
Hector’s Coach 2
Northeast of Strawberry.
Hector’s Coach 3
West of Strawberry.
Alden’s Coach 1, 2, 3
North of Rhodes.
Coach Robbery: Sean (Time-Sensitive)
On the outskirts of Valentine.
Coach Robbery: Bill (Time-Sensitive)
Northwest of Dewberry Creek.
Coach Robbery: Micah (Time-Sensitive)
At the Van Der Linde’s camp.
Coach Robbery: Lenny (Time-Sensitive)
Shady Belle mansion.
Home Robbery Locations
These kinds of robberies have been here forever. Home Robberies are available in RDR2 right from the start of Chapter 2.
During home robberies, you will have to find and retrieve a certain stash hidden away in that house and finally, escape. Doing them during the night when everyone is sleeping is the best way to complete home robberies.
Otherwise, it can get pretty violent. We would not recommend robbing a house in the middle of the day.
Aberdeen Pig Farm
Southeast of Emerald Ranch.
Directly south of Braithwaite Manor.
Chez Porter (Time-Sensitive)
Across the Dakota River, north of Valentine.
Lonnie’s Shack (Time-Sensitive)
South of Emerald Station.
Van Horn Mansion
Directly south of Van Horn.
Northwest of Wallace Station.
Northeast edge of the world map, after you complete the quest ‘A Fork in the Road’ during Chapter 6.
Shop Robbery Locations
Have you ever been scammed by a shop so bad that you’ve wanted to just rob the heck out of them? Well, fear not! You can do this in this ultimate crime simulator: Red Dead Redemption 2.
Shop robberies are a unique part of Red Dead Redemption 2 Robbery feature.
Do note that some of the shops have small stories to tell, and rewards for you to claim. Look for clues in those shops. Once you have enough information, talk to the shop owner, and he will reveal the shop’s deepest secret.
Without further ado, let us hint at the locations of these shops:
Saint Denis Gunsmith
Strawberry General Store
Bank Robbery: Charles
Train Robbery Locations
Train robberies are pretty similar to coach robberies. You have to wait for a train to arrive at your location and hop onto it. Then you need to head towards the engine car and threaten the driver to stop the train. If he doesn’t listen, incapacitate him.
Train robberies are an integral part of Red Dead Redemption 2 Robbery scheme, so be sure to do them often. They can also be done multiple times.
Do note all trains will be guarded by quite a few handsome men. You will have to dispose of them before you can safely rob a train. If you leave any witnesses behind, your crime will be reported and you will gain that “W A N T E D” sign.
Some tips to remember before proceeding may include (but not limited to):
- Always try to force-stop a train in barren areas. Force-stopping a train in a populated area will get you in trouble from the law.
- Frieght trains carry a few collectibles and a small chest. Passenger trains carry several chests, and the passengers themselves can also be looted. So aim for passenger trains if you can risk getting reported to the law.
- Always try to climb aboard a running train. Climbing a train from the station will leave you vulnerable as a prime suspect of the crime.
- Dispose every threat on the train before looting people.
- You can also loot a train while it’s moving but it’s riskier that way.