Since the new BLOPS4 Zombie Maps are out, there are many things for you to do in them. The main Easter Egg is pretty much one of the main highlights of the mode and our Black Ops 4 Zombies Voyage of Despair Easter Egg Guide will make sure that you are able to get that Easter Egg very efficiently.
Black Ops 4 Zombies Voyage of Despair Easter Egg
The Easter Egg for Voyage of Despair goes by the name of “Abandon Ship” and you will be rewarded with it for completing the trial. The Easter Egg is fairly long so be ready to spend some time trying to complete it.
Collecting the Sentinel Artifact
The first step that you need to do is to collect the Sentinel Artifact. In order to do that, you need to search the rooms beside the spawn. The Artifact is not that hard to find and should be somewhere on the floor in those rooms.
There should be a prompt to collect part when it is near you, so stay vigilant.
Activate the Artifact
Now that you have the Sentinel Artifact, you need to activate it. In order to do that, you need to go through the inner rooms and onto the first floor so that you can get to the top of the ship.
Once you are there, make your way to the end of the ship where you can find the Poop Deck.
There is a glowing blue item on top of the stairs towards the end of the ship. There are four red balls that will fly into the air and then spread themselves onto the different parts of the ship.
Activate the Pack-a-Punch
You need to find all four of the glowing red balls. You can find the first orb in front of the Sentinel Artifact. It will be on the Poop Deck. Reach this pedestal and interact with it to activate it.
You will find the next orb in the Turbine Room. Find the new path leading downstairs from the Poop Deck. This path unlocked from the Sentinel Artifact.
Follow this path downstairs and you will find the pedestal underwater, in the Turbine Room. Reach this pedestal and interact with it to activate it.
The third orb is in the Lower Grand Staircase area. When you reach the Grand Staircase, follow the stairs downstairs. Just follow the stairs until you reach the lowest floor you can go. The pedestal will be in front of you.
The final orb is in the area of the Cargo Hold. Follow the red marker on the map until you reach a room that is filled with water. You will find a switch right near the entrance to remove the water in the room. Press it and wait until the water is gone.
Proceed into the room and in front of you will be the final pedestal. Reach this pedestal and interact with it to activate it.
After you activate all 4 pedestals of Pack-a-Punch machine, the machine will appear in front of you, replacing the final pedestal you interacted with.
Finding the Clocks
After you activate the Pack-a-Punch machine, you need to go to clocks scattered in the area and note down the elemental symbols from there.
These clocks will have changed their time and the clocks themselves are randomized. You can find the clocks and symbols in the following locations:
- Mailroom: Near the door heading towards the Cargo Hold
- Symbol: Underneath the stairs leading to the room with the Vapr wallbuy
- Grand Staircase: Near the staircase
- Symbol: Head up the stairs from the clock followed by another set of stairs to find it
- Captains Bridge: Above the steering wheel
- Symbol: Underneath the desk opposite to the steering wheel
- Gallery: In the room with a body, in the cabinets
- Symbol: On the cabinet in the same room as the clock
- 3rd Class: Near the wooden stairs, on the left wall
- Symbol: Near the staircase, right next to the luggage
- 1st Class Lounge: Near the fireplace
- Symbol: Left-side of the Mystery Box
Once you have done that, you need to go to Captain’s Wheel on the bridge and take note of the 4 dials. What you basically need to do is to align the dials to the minutes of the clocks which had the same element as the one on the dial.
It is important to note that the dials only move left/right in 5-minute intervals while the dials at the Engine Room and Poop Deck change the hour of the dials.
Once they are properly aligned, you will not be able to change the dials anymore followed by an audio clue.
Finding the Real Sentinel Artifact
Now, you need to kill an elemental catalyst next to each of the 4 outlets which have the same element. The outlets are found in
- 3rd Class Staircase
- First left State Room
- On the left pillar of Zeus Statue
- Top of the Grand Staircase
- Near the Aft Decks Window
In 4 of these locations, you should be able to see an outlet spewing an element catalyst. What you need to do is to kill an Element Catalyst of the same element as the outlet in the following order:
Acid > Water > Electric > Fire
In the end, you need to stand on the ritual symbol and have every player hold the interact button while standing on the symbols together. You will teleport to a trial where you need to kill every enemy before getting the Sentinel Artifact.
Next thing that you need to do is to shoot the leaking blue pipes around the Boiler Room using Decay Kraken shots. This will cause you to flood the room and put out the fire.
Finding the Bones
Next up, you need to find 4 bones which are scattered around the map along with a code. The bones look like skull femur, hand, and foot. You need to find each of the bones and note down the code beside them.
If you are good at remembering, then simply keep it in your head. Otherwise, get a notepad and get to work.
3 of the skulls in the game are found in the Mail Room. One of them is on the little floor, the other 2 are on the larger floor. One of them is found on the table next to the stairs while the other one is on the shelving opposite to the previous one.
The last bone is found in the Cargo on top of the box in the middle of the room.
Finding the Safes
Once you have the 4 bones, you need to find 4 safes in which the 4 bones are going into. As you might have guessed by now, you can use the codes that you had noted down to unlock the safes.
There is a huge safe that you can melee to get a safe scanner which can then be used to scan the locations of various different safes.
The safes are rectangular objects, and can be found in the Millionaire Suits, Captains Bedroom, 3rd Class Corridor and 1st Class Lounge.
Project: Obliterate the Heavenly Bodies
It is time for you to blow up most of the planets, the sun and Earth’s moon in the Milky Way. Pluto must be glad to not be a part of this massacre. So much for bullying the poor guy into becoming a comet, huh. A-Anyways, you’re not going to literally destroy the planets.
Your aim is just to shoot up the constellation symbols of the planets on the ships. The location of each planet symbol is given below. You need to memorize all of them for the next step:
- Mercury ☿ – Can be found in the Mailroom beneath the Forecastle. Head into the room and you will see the symbol right
- Venus ♀ – Can be found in the Millionaire Suite. Enter the room with the suitcase on the bed and you will find the constellation beneath the desk.
- Moon ☽︎ – Can be found in the Lower Grand Staircase on one of the white doors.
- Mars ♂ – Can be found in the Boiler Room. Head towards the furnace and crawl try to crawl beneath it. You will find the constellation.
- Saturn ⚳ (rotate this upside down) – Can be found on the Bridge in one of the rooms.
- Jupiter ♃ – Can be found in the Engine Room when climbing up the stairs. When you climb the first set of stairs, you will see a cardboard laid on your current floor. You will find the constellation there.
- Neptune ♆ – Head for the outer Aft Decks. Look into all the ring-shaped lifebuoys and you will find the constellation in one of the rings.
- Uranus ♅ – Head into the State Rooms, the one with the yellow basket in front of the door. Enter the room and you will find the constellation symbol behind the pot.
- Sun ☉ – Can be found in the Forecastle room, on the deck, in the middle. You must face the two steel beams in such a way that you can see the moon directly behind the beams.
Interact with the Solar System Model
It’s time to head for the Cargo Hold, towards the Solar System model that you must have seen before, in one of your many runs. Interact with the Solar System model and you will see the heavenly bodies flashing up in the order they flash on the solar system. The final symbol will always be the Sun ☉.
Do note that once you shoot the first lit-up constellation symbol on the Solar System model, a timer will start. You will have to enter the assigned room and find the blue orb in that time period.
Bring the blue orb before the timer hits 0:00. Repeat this procedure until after you are done with all the constellations, including the Sun.
This Easter Egg is reaching its climax. It is time to find the final essence and head into the portal that brings you to the boss room. Head for the Spawn Room and you will find the final essence. Interacting with it will spawn ice blocks in your path.
Now, my brave friend, you must choose any path you desire and head to the Poop Deck. Destroy the ice blocks on the way. Destroying all the ice blocks will spawn a Portal on the Poop Deck near the Sentinel Artifact’s location.
Enter the portal and you will be led to the boss fight. This completes the Easter Egg guide.
That is all we have for our Voyage of Despair Zombies Easter Egg Guide for now. Remember to check back at a later date to find out all of the information that is currently missing. Let us know if we missed something using the comments section below!