For Dice Poker, You can take part in tournaments, or you may come across several characters during your quests, which will then be available at INNs to play the game against. In this guide, we will talk about how you can play Dice Poker mini game in The Witcher 2.
Every NPC in The Witcher 2 world plays Dice Poker; humans, elves and dwarves. Dice Poker is a simple game, but you can earn lot orens since the bets are high.
You can start a game by choosing the dialogue option: Let’s play Dice. You will play the game using six-sided dice, and the game plays as follows:
- A dice poker board will appear after beginning the game. Your dice are at the bottom, while your opponents at the top.
- You place your bid using a slider. Your opponent can raise it, and you can accept that or pass.
- You roll the dice by placing them above the board and clicking the left mouse button. Moving the mouse when rolling influences the direction the dice will roll and how strong the throw will be. You must be careful not to throw them beyond the board. Your opponent rolls his dice after you roll yours.
- Now you can compare your dice roll to your opponents.
- Click the dice you would like to roll again. They will be highlighted. After
- accepting your choice, you will be able to increase your bid and make another roll.
- After your opponents roll, the dice are compared, and the player with the better roll takes the money.
Winning rolls, from highest to lowest:
- Five-of-a-kind: Five dice showing the same value
- Four-of-a-kind: Four dice showing the same value
- Full House: A pair and a three
- Six-high strait: Dice showing 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Five-high strait: Dice showing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Three-of-a-kind: Three dice showing the same value
- Two pairs: Dice showing two matched pairs of values
- One Pair: Dice showing a single matched pair of values
Should both players have the same roll, the winner is determined by the value of his roll. If both players have the same roll and value, its a draw.