Call of Duty: Warzone 2 features a rather confusing and downright clunky user interface that definitely needs to be either revamped or improved.
If you are looking to either invite or join friends for a complete squad, the messy navigation is likely going to put you off. However, do not fret, the new user interface takes a little getting used to.
The following guide will tell you how to create a party and add friends or join an existing party to drop into Al Mazrah with your friends in Call of Duty: Warzone 2.
How to add friends in Warzone 2
The first step in creating a party is to have friends on your friends list. You cannot invite players if they are not added as friends.
- Head into the Social tab.
- Select Friends from the top menu bar.
- Click on Add Friends or check your Friend Requests.
- Enter their Activision ID to send a friendship request.
- You can also search for friends in your Battle.net launcher.
If you do not know their Activision ID, there are more ways through which you can add them. It depends on which platform your friend is playing on because Warzone 2 supports cross-play functionality.
- If your friend is on Battle.net, you can add them using their Battle Tag or email address.
- If your friend is on PlayStation, you can add them using their PlayStation Network Online ID.
- If your friend is on Xbox, you can add them using their Xbox Gamertag.
How to invite friends to your party
Once you have added friends to your friends list, you can invite them to your party through the Social tab. This is your main way to invite friends for a Warzone 2 party.
- Launch Warzone 2 and wait for the main home screen to arrive.
- Click on the Launcher Menu (F1) in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then head into the Social tab.
- Click on Invite Players in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select the players you want to add and hit Invite To Party.
Take note that your friends need to be added and online to be invited.
How to fix friends list bug
The Social tab sometimes bugs out in Warzone 2. If your friends list is not working or your friends list is bugged, there is another way to invite friends to a party. That is through the Game Channel.
- Click on Channels with the headphones icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Head into Game Channels (Party) or create your own custom voice chat channel in My Channels.
- Click on Invite To Channel and select the friends you want to send an invite.
Once again, your friends need to be added and online to be invited. Also, your friends can always join your Game Channel themselves to join your party.
How to join friends in Warzone 2
The process of joining a party is straightforward and can be done through the same Social features.
- Head into the Social tab like before.
- Look under Social Activity for a list of all created parties.
- Click on a party of friends you want to join.
Take note that you can check the details of each party to see which players are inside. You can also see the individual details of each player.
Furthermore, you will not be able to join a party if it is already full. Warzone 2 features different modes, so the number of players supported depends on the mode the party has been created for.
If the host created a party in quads, there will be four slots. If the party was created in trios, only three players will be able to join. The same goes for duos.