Remember last month when Steam asked you to nominate games to be included in the Steam Awards? In exchange, you would get a special badge and some extra exp for your Steam profile so it was worth the time we spent to choose our nominees. Now the Steam Awards nominees are announced and you’ll be able to choose the winners from tomorrow until January 2nd. The winners will be announced a day later, on January 3rd on the Steam Awards page as happened last year.
Like last year, the categories used for the Steam Awards are not your classic ones. You have awards for the game that you pre-ordered and stood up to the expectations, the game you love even if it has bad reviews and many flaws and even an award for the best-rendered character in a video game.
As mentioned in the announcement, you will be able to vote for one category a day, starting tomorrow with the “Choices Matter” award. Below you can see all the categories and what day you can vote for it:
- December 21st 10 AM PST – The “Choices Matter” Award
- December 22nd 10 AM PST – The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award
- December 23rd 10 AM PST – The “Labor of Love” Award
- December 24th 10 AM PST – The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award
- December 25th 10 AM PST – The “The World Is Grim Enough Let’s Just All Get Along” Award
- December 26th 10 AM PST – The “No Apologies” Award
- December 27th 10 AM PST – The “Defies Description” Award
- December 28th 10 AM PST – The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs of War” Award
- December 29th 10 AM PST – The “Haunts My Dreams” Award
- December 30th 10 AM PST – The “Soul of Vitruvius” Award
- December 31st 10 AM PST – The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award
- January 1st 10 AM PST – The “Best Soundtrack” Award
- January 2nd 10 AM PST – The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award
For more info about the nominees and how to vote you can check the announcement post. The vote page will probably be available tomorrow and will switch every 24 hours to a new category until January 3rd when the winners get announced.