Many new details have popped up about Red Dead Redemption 2 including character customization and real-time hair growth. Not only that, but players will be able to pet dogs and shoot off hats without damaging the enemy. Moreover, horse testicles shrink in the cold while expanding in a warm condition.
It was also confirmed that Red Dead Redemption 2 is going to be an offline experience, meaning no need to connect to the internet to play. Red Dead Online is a completely separate entity. Here is the full list of tidbits we gathered.
- You can pet dogs
- You can’t have dogs as pets
- Do not need an internet connection to play the story mode
- Shoot off NPC hats without damaging them
- Managing your gang base doesn’t feel like a chore, in fact, it is fun and gives you access to a range of activities
- 192 original tracks are recorded for Red Dead Redemption 2
- Deadeye is back and works similar to how it did in Red Dead Redemption 1
- You can engage with anyone in your camp
- Interactions are contextual
- You can customize your character
- Facial hair grows over time
- PS4 Pro version looks great but all platforms only support 30FPS
- Killing NPCs puts a bounty on your head
- Witnesses are tagged on the mini-map
- You can pay off your bounty or go to jail
Your gang will try to break you out of prison which presumably depends on how you keep the morale within the group. But we’ll know once the game actually rolls out.
Apart from a deep single-player narrative, Rockstar Games also announced Red Dead Online. The online portion will hit beta this November which means it won’t be available at launch.
Red Dead Redemption 2 is releasing on PS4 and Xbox One on October 26. Pre-orders for the game are now live as well as a petition for the PC version.