Xbox Live Cross platform play between Xbox One and PC will be free of charge for PC gamers on Windows 10. However, Xbox One users will be charged to play online as usual.
Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg confirmed the new in a recent interview regarding Xbox to PC Cross Platform Play.
If you are on a Windows 10 PC, and log into your Xbox Live account, you can play multiplayer games and take advantage of Xbox Play Anywhere [without any extra charge]. You can do Cross-Play with games like Gears of War 4 [with no extra charge].
That means that one Xbox Live subscription will work across both platforms. However, it is unclear what happens if you are not a Gold member on Xbox One, will online multiplayer still be free on Windows 10 PC?
Xbox Play Anywhere program works across Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Players will be able to cross buy games like Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3 and more. Buy a copy for one platform you’ll get one for the other platform for free using the same Xbox Live account.
Xbox Play Anywhere feature will be added with Windows 10 Anniversary update that hits the OS on August 2. Head over hear to know more about the update and its release. Below is the list of all Xbox One Play Anywhere ready games.
- Gears of War 4 – Oct. 11, 2016
- Forza Horizon 3 – Sept. 27, 2016
- ReCore – Sept. 16, 2016
- Sea of Thieves – Sometime in 2017
- Halo Wars 2 – Feb. 21, 2017
- Scalebound – Sometime in 2017
- Killer Instinct Season 3 – Available Now
- State of Decay 2 – Sometime in 2017
- Ark: Survival Evolved – Now on Xbox Game Preview
- Cuphead – Sometime in 2016
- We Happy Few – Jul. 26, 2016 on Xbox Game Preview
- Crackdown 3 – Sometime in 2017
More games will be added to the program once they become available.
Is Microsoft handling Xbox to PC Cross platform play right? Share what you think in the comments below.
Source: Gamertag Radio – Via: GamingBolt