A brand new patch will release tomorrow for Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky. Take note that this patch will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Their latest patch, No Man’s Sky Update 2.50, finally introduces crossplay and the game will release on Game Pass for Xbox One and Windows 10 players. Something else in this patch is that they re-enabled voice chat on PS4. Below you will find some key patch notes regarding No Man’s Sky Update 2.50.
- Game Pass: No Man’s Sky is now available in the Windows Store and is on Game Pass for Xbox One and Windows 10 players.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer: Replaced the entire network backend, so that players can now make multiplayer connections across all platforms.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer: Cross-platform groups can be created or joined in game, or from the frontend.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer: Ambient multiplayer on the Space Anomaly, in space, or on planets, can now match you with players from any platform.
- Cross-Platform Multiplayer: Players from your own platform are identified by your platform’s icon. Players from another platform are identified by a controller icon.
- NMS Friends: When face-to-face with another player, a quick interaction has been added to smoothly create a new group or invite new players to your existing group.
- NMS Friends: Once in a group with a player, you can use the same interaction to quickly add them to your No Man’s Sky Friends, allowing you to quickly find and join their game again at another time.
- NMS Friends: No Man’s Sky Friends can also be added at any time by means of a unique code.
- NMS Friends: No Man’s Sky Friends can be managed on a new screen available from the Network Options page.
- Chat Options: Re-enabled Voice Chat on PS4.
- Chat Options: An option to automatically transcribe voice chat has been added to the Network options.
- Chat Options: An option to automatically translate voice chat has been added to the Network options.
- Chat Options: Guidance text has been added to the chat window after typing an unknown command.
- Chat Options: Fixed a number of instances where incorrect auto-chat messages are broadcast.
- Chat Options: Added a system to prevent multiple instances of the same auto-chat message being broadcast.
An interesting question most people always want to know when it comes to No Man’s Sky: How big is No Man’s Sky? According to the official wiki page on Gamepedia, the entire world holds 255 different galaxies, which are composed of around 3 to 4 billion territories, each of which consist of more than 122 and up to hundreds of different star systems.
All star systems feature from 1-6 planets and moons, and each one usually has a single space station. Here you will find the complete list of all No Man’s Sky Update 2.50, Crossplay and Game Pass patch notes. I remind you that Hello Games’ No Man’s Sky released on Aug 9, 2016 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.