Microsoft announced yesterday that members of the Xbox One Preview Beta Ring program can now download the latest 1908 Xbox One update. The update comes with build number 18362.6044.190719-1520.
Like previous monthly updates, the latest Xbox One system update brings new features useful for everyone. Those who have downloaded the latest update will now be able to see the estimated remaining download times of video-games, applications and other content in queue section. This feature was previously requested by Xbox One users.
To access the update, you must be a member of the Xbox One Preview Beta Ring program for at least 3 months and should have an Xbox Insider XP Level of 5 or higher.
Interested people can check out the detail new features, known issues, and fixes included in the latest 1908 Xbox One software update below.
Xbox One Update 1908 Features
My Games and Apps – Download Queue Improvements
We are adding a new feature in this build to the Download Queue in My Games and Apps today based on User feedback. You will now see the Estimated time to finish downloads appears in the queue. Please test out the new feature, provide feedback, and complete the survey in the Xbox Insider Hub.
- Various stability fixes to the system.
- Some users are experiencing and issue where the Dashboard reloads completely when navigating to the Community tab.
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
The public version of 1908 Xbox One update is expected to be released in August. Do note that Microsoft is always working on new features for Xbox One so it’s possible that we will see more features with the update’s public release.