With every new iteration of NBA 2K, the core gameplay moves go through a number of changes. NBA 2K22 is no different in this regard and the dribbling moves have been updated a bit. In this NBA 2K22 guide, we will go through all the dribbling moves to help you master them all.
NBA 2K22 Dribbling Moves
NBA 2K22 comes with a lot of new moves this year. Players will have to adapt to these moves into their gameplay quickly to gain the upper hand in the matches to come.
The most important of these are dribbling moves, which have received an upgrade in this version. In this guide, we will be covering all the dribbling moves along with the controls so you can get familiar with them quickly in NBA 2K22.
Before we get into 2K22’s dribbling moves, we need to go over dribbling controls and jargon to familiarize you with ball control.
How to do Skill Moves
- Signature Size-up: For a standing dribble move and hold RS stick up from a stand dribble.
- Signature Park Size-up: From a stand dribble continuously hit the L2.
- In and Out: When dribbling with the right hand you have to move and release the RS quickly. To feint a crossover but keep current trajectory. Great for fooling defenders.
- Hesitation: When dribbling with the right hand you have to move the RS right then release it quickly. Performing a hesitation dribble may force defenders to stop and give you space to wriggle through.
- Momentum Hesitation: When dribbling with the right-hand press and hold R2 and move RS towards the right and then release it quickly.
- Hesitation Escape: When dribbling with right hand simply Move and Hold RS towards the right.
- Crossover: Move RS up left and then release it quickly when dribbling with your right hand. Sudden changes in direction can be helpful in getting past defenders. It’s better to not do this immediately close to defenders, because they can easily steal.
- Momentum Crossover: When dribbling with the right-hand press and hold R2 and move RS towards up left and then release it quickly.
- Crossover to Hesitation Escape: Move and hold the RS towards up left when dribbling with your right hand. Gives you some much needed space from the defenders.
- Between Legs Cross: When dribbling with your right hand simply move RS left and then release quickly. Helps you against more aggressive defenders.
- Momentum Between Legs Cross: When dribbling with the right-hand press and hold R2 and move RS left and then release it quickly. Helps against defenders trying to cut you off, by making your body the shield.
- Between Legs Escape: When dribbling with your right hand just move and hold the RS towards the left.
- Behind the Back: When dribbling with the right hand you have to move RS down left and release it quickly.
- Momentum Behind the Back: When dribbling with the right-hand press R2 and move RS down left and then release it quickly.
- Behind the Back Escape: For this, you have to move and hold RS down left when dribbling with the right hand.
- Explosive Behind the Back: For this, you have to move and hold RS down left and then hold the LS up and left of your non ball hand. This is helpful, if you want to lunge from a stationary position.
- Stepback: For this simply move RS down and then release it quickly. A very handy move to make those 3-point shots, or when you can’t find the space to get close to the basket.
- Momentum Stepback: Press R2 and move RS down and then release it quickly.
- Spin: When dribbling with the right hand rotate the RS clockwise and release it quickly. Handy against defenders going all-out to stop your momentum.
- Half Spin: When dribbling with the right hand you have to rotate RS in a quarter-circle from right to up and release it quickly.
- Hard Stop / Stutter: When you are driving for a quick change of speed just hit L2 once.
- Hold Off Defenders: Just Hold L2 to perform this dribbling.
- Signature Combos: Hold the R2 and flip RS up to get the signature combos, each combo may vary depending on the player.
- Split Dribble: Hold R2 and then aim RS down to the right or left of your non-ball hand, and then hold LS up to the left or right of your non-ball hand.
- Fake Drive Snatch Dribble: then aim RS down to the right or left of your non-ball hand, and then hold LS up to the left or right of your on-ball hand. A very hard move that requires a lot of practice to master. But using this will leave the defenders in a daze as you rush by.
Dribbling moves are a set of animations that you have in 2K22. It allows players to have unique aminations of fun or useful nature.
What you need to do is go to Edit Player and select the Signature option from the list below. Here you will see many types of animations and moves.
Here you will find different signatures and for the dribbling animation, you can select Signature: Ball Handing and then select what you like.
The available moves are:
- Dribble Style: Quick – Magic Johnson
- Moving Crossovers: Pro 8 – Pro 2
- Moving Behind the Backs: Pro 3 – Pro 5
- Moving Spin: Basic 1 – Pro 4
- Moving Hesitations: Pro 3 – Pro 5
- Sig Size-Up: Irving – C. Paul – T. Hardaway
- Park Size-Up: Park 13 – Park 5 – Park 11
- Basic Size-Up Packages: Pro 6 – Pro 5
- Size-Up Escape Packages: Pro 2 – Pro 4
- Triple Threat Styles: Normal 2 – WNBA 4 – Normal 1
- Park Flashy Passes – Wizard: Flashy Passes, between the legs or fake passes etc.
- Signature Combo – K. Irving: Signature low dribbling style of K Irving. One of the best Signature combos available to you in the game.
- Moving Stepback – K. Irving or K. Walker: Side hop creating more space between the defender and yourself.
For all the animations, there are more than two options and we recommend you try them all one by one and find the one that best suits you.
There will be some moves that will have a major impact on games like Moving Crossover Pro 2 or Moving Spin Basic 1.
On the other hand, there are also some animations that don’t have a major impact on the game and it all depends on preference. Do keep in mind though that having good dribbling animations will not have a huge impact on the game and there might not be a noticeable game improvement.
It of course depends on using these dribble moves combinations to your advantage, but all in all on how much effort and work you put in the game.