Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will come with a new Pointman perk which changes killstreaks into scorestreaks, according to a new rumor. This rumor comes from notorious Call of Duty leaker known as TheGamingRevolution.
In short, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will feature both killstreaks and scorestreaks. Basically, this new point man perk will allow players to have easy access to killstreaks like Hellstorm and Sentry Gun. But the leaker mentions that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare scorestreaks will require more score to earn than the kills needed for killstreaks.
For those who don’t know, scorestreaks (featured in Black Ops 4) require you to achieve points by killing people or by completing objectives. It’s a much easier way to call in external support in the game. On the other hand, killstreaks simply depend on the number of kills that you can get in a single life, which is why it is something that newcomers struggle with.
If the rumor is true then it’s a great addition to the game by Infinity Ward. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Pointman perk will come in handy for those players who like to complete objectives rather than camp to build killstreak.
In the end, both scorestreaks and killstreaks will be available so no one will find it hard to call in the new streaks coming to the game. Of course, it’s nothing but a rumor for now. It’s possible that Infinity Ward only brings scorestreaks or killstreaks to the upcoming game instead of both. To find out, we will have to wait.
There’s no official information regarding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare perks and killstreaks available yet. However, according to the aforementioned leaker, there will be a total of 16 perks in the upcoming game. The full list of Modern Warfare 2019 perks reported by the leaker is as follows.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Perks
- Scavenger – Picks up ammo automatically from bodies
- Cold-Blooded – Immunity to UAV’s and AI targets
- Munitions – Replaces your secondary weapon with a primary weapon
- High Alert – Alerts you when an enemy spots you
- Tune-Up – Allows you to carry another lethal equipment
- Restock – Auto Recharge lethal and tacticals
- Double Time – Increases the duration of sprinting
- Spotter – Highlights the enemy equipment and killstreaks
- Battle Hardened – Reduces the effects of flashbangs and stun
- Heavy Metal – Allows you to earn killstreaks by using killstreaks
- Shrapnel – Do more damage with grenades
- EOD – Reduces grenade and explosive damage
- Hunter – Allows you to see enemy footprints in the map
- Warhead – Reload RPG faster than normal
- Bounty Hunter – Allows you to steak another player’s killstreak towards and use it as your own
- Ghost – TBD but most likely will work similarly to previous COD games
With that said, we are hoping to learn more about Modern Warfare 2019 Perks, Killstreaks and scorestreaks next month. Infinity Ward has officially announced that the world reveal of the game’s multiplayer universe will be held on August 1.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019 by Activision will release on October 25, 2019, Sony PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The game is now available for pre-order digitally from Microsoft Store and PlayStation Store. Infinity Ward has yet to reveal Call of Duty: Modern Warfare beta dates.