The latest version of Overwatch PTR is now available and it brings a big bunch of cool new stuff. The long-awaited Hanzo rework, a new map, buffs and nerfs, as well as more tweaks, are included and you can check them on the PTR server now.
The new map, called Rialto, has been playable for a couple of weeks now through the new Retribution game-mode. However, now it’s becoming a new standard escort map, being tested now on Overwatch PTR server. As the PTR Patch notes suggest “Rialto was home to Talon agent Antonio Bartalotti’s sprawling estate and the backdrop to the infamous “Venice Incident,” a turning point for Overwatch and Talon”.
The biggest feature of this Overwatch PTR update though is the infamous Hanzo rework. Fortunately – and unfortunately for some of us – Hanzo’s Scatter Arrow is gone, giving its place to Storm Arrows, a new focused ability that fires 6 lower damage arrows but are always fires at maximum power. His other minor change is the ability to make Hanzo leap horizontally by pressing jump while in the air. Take a look at his patch notes on the PTR:
- Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100
- Cooldown decreased from 20 seconds to 12 seconds
- Duration decreased from 10 seconds to 6 seconds
- Radius decreased from 10 meters to 7 meters
- Press jump while in the air to leap horizontally
- Replaces his existing Scatter Arrow ability
- Hanzo can now rapidly fire up to 6 arrows that deal reduced damage but are always fired at full power
Among other changes, Lucio’s Soundwave no longer consumes ammo, Brigitte’s Shield Bash cone angle has been reduced and – finally – Tracer has received a nerf. Overwatch’s most iconic hero receives her first nerf with her Pulse Bomb now dealing reduced damage.
Last but not least, there’s a whole lot of bug fixes and tweaks now available on Overwatch PTR. You can check the full patch notes here.