Sony surprised the God Of War fans at E3 2016 by revealing God Of War PS4. The game is the continuation of Krato’s story but it is set in a completely new setting. However, we don’t have a lot of information about the game as it is still in early development, but it seems that it will take long as the developer are hiring for a Lighting Artist and a Senior Animator.
Sony Santa Monica tweeted that they are looking for a Lightning Artist to help Kratos and his son in their journey. For God Of War PS4 the lightning artist will be responsible for:
- Light levels and characters in real time according to defined quality standards, artistic styles, conceptual designs, development pipelines, technical parameters and production goals.
- Serve as a high-level contributor to the development of the lighting techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product’s visual style. Encourage artistic evolution within the studio. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the level art and lighting pipeline and all engine, tools and systems associated with the lighting of art assets.
- Work with the Art Director and tech teams to implement post process effects such as bloom, ambient occlusion, depth of field, and color correction.
- Facilitate requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the environment/character lighting process as requested.
- Problem solve regarding the lighting pipeline and ensure that lighting for levels runs in memory and within budget.
- Actively improve skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
- Generate documentation for the lighting pipeline as it changes.
- Demonstrate strong time management and prioritization skills by collaborating with Production to develop task lists to ensure assignments are progressing as expected according to schedules, milestones, and overall project goals.
The Senior Animator for GOD Of War PS4 would be responsible for creating imaginative and visually stunning worlds. According to the studio the seanior animator “will contribute to the vision of amazing, top-of-class games, animating and breathing life into the performances of our characters and game world.”
However, both positions for Lightning Artist and Senior Animator are temporary, and most probably will only be for GOD Of War PS4.