Factions will play an integral role in your playthrough of ELEX. This Elex Factions Guide will help you understand the intricacies regarding the Factions you’ll find in the world, and help you pick the right Faction for you.
For more help on ELEX, you can check out our PC Errors and Workarounds Guide and Legendary Items Locations Guide.
ELEX Factions Guide
The Outlaws are from the barren wastelands of Magalan and look like the rough and tumble fighters that they are.
They are fighters that barely try to stay as a community and all of them embrace anarchy with open arms. All the drug addicts and rebels usually become Outlaws.
Outlaws are very dangerous and have a plethora of weapons at their disposal. Players who like a diverse arsenal will appreciate this class as they have everything from guns to grenades.
This is also perhaps the only faction of the game that has the ability to craft items properly.
Being a part of this faction lets you upgrade mechanical weapons, dismantle equipment, and increases radiation resistance.
Besides that, it removes experience penalty when you are using stimulants and allows you to use a few stimulants at the same time.
Their Unlockable skills are:
- Unscrew– dismantle weapons
- Create Ammunition – create ammo for the Outlaws’ weapons.
- Body Chemistry– extends duration and increases effects of stimulants.
- Low-Tech Weaponsmith– create the Outlaws’ weapons by using a workbench.
- Chem Capacity– increases number of stimulants that can be used at the same time.
- Overdrive Stim– learn how to create a stimulant that speeds up health regeneration.
- Steel Skin Chem– learn how to create a stimulant that temporarily increases your resistance to all kinds of damage.
- Pick-me-up Stim– learn how to create a stimulant that temporarily increases your attack and block speed.
- Scrap Scanner Chem– learn how to create a stimulant that temporarily increases visibility of regular items.
- Immune Booster Chemlearn how to create a stimulant that temporarily increases resistance to all types of effects (radiation, fire, frost, poison).
- Tough Guy Chem– learn how to create a stimulant that temporarily increases damage resistance.
- Mind Changer Stim– learn how to create a stimulant that temporarily doubles your damage.
- Animal Lover Chem – learn how to create a stimulant that temporarily scares off weaker animals from attacking the player
However, it is best to remember that they are the weakest when it comes to combat as they lack the power in their weapons that the other factions have. It is not impossible to play but I would recommend that you avoid this class if you are looking to dominate your opposition.
Berserkers look like they came straight out of Age of Empires, or Sid Meier’s Civilization. They are a part of a tribal community which prefers forests rather than destruction. They despise Elex and work to remove it from Magalan.
Being a part of this faction allows you to buy their equipment, enables use of mana, and gives you an option to upgrade magic weapons. You are also able to increases poison resistance.
Their abilities include:
- Magic– extends duration or damage of a spell.
- Mana– increases amount of available mana (spells need mana, which regenerates over time).
- Enchant Weapons– enchant weapons which increases their damage.
- Scatter Shot– shoot more than one arrow at the same time.
- Seeker Shot– to shoot a homing arrow (arrow follows the target).
- Camouflage Spell– Learn a spell that reduces your chance of being detected by enemies.
- Leather Skin Spell– Learn a spell that increases armor.
- Aspect of the Warrior Spell– Learn a spell that increases melee damage.
- Blood Transfer Spell– Learn a spell that allows you to turn a part of your life into mana.
- Spirit Wolf Spell– Learn a spell that summons ghosts that can help you during fights.
- Sense Life Spell– Learn a spell that highlights all living creatures in your view.
- Poisonous Aura Spell– Learn a spell that deals poison area damage from.
- Healing Spell – Learn a spell that allows you to heal your character and his companion
Since they are not using the technology from Elex, they usually utilize primitive weapons such as knives and swords. They have discovered magic though, and that is the reason why you will want to pick this faction. They are the only faction which can use fireballs, summons, and other magical stuff. If you are a fan of magic, then this is the faction that you will want to use.
Technology is everything for the Clerics. They reside in the colder climates and utilize Elex to its fullest potential. The technology that they have makes them worship it and they have massive machines and androids as a part of their arsenal. They have the Psi powers which are sort of like the magic that the Berserkers have.
Being a part of this faction allows you to use PSI abilities, upgrade energy weapons, as well as increases fire resistance.
Their unique skill are:
- PSI– extends duration or increases damage of a PSI ability.
- Battery– increases amount of energy that is used by PSI abilities.
- High-Tech Weaponsmith– Learn ability to create the Clerics’ weapons by using a workbench.
- One Man Army– increases your damage when you travel without a companion.
- Suggestion– unlocks new dialog lines that can influence other characters in certain dialogs.
- Technophile– Learn PSI ability that highlights all synthetic creatures and high-tech equipment.
- Cleansing Ability– Learn PSI ability that removes all effects inflicted on the player.
- Power Shield– Learn PSI ability that creates a force field that protects from damage.
- One with the Weapon Ability– Learn PSI ability that increases ranged weapons damage.
- Phasing Ability– Learn PSI ability that allows you to teleport at a short distance and leave hero’s hologram in the place where he stood.
- Power Wave Ability– Learn PSI ability that creates power wave that deals damage.
- The Last Stand Ability– Learn PSI ability that revives the hero with half of his health.
- Projection Ability – Learn PSI ability that allows you to create a hologram that distracts enemies’ attention.
The Clerics are by far the easiest faction to play because of weapons such as laser and plasma guns. They have the most advanced weapons and armor and are perfect for anyone who loves science fiction. This is the best faction to play as it is by far the strongest.
That is all we have for our ELEX Factions Guide. Let us know if we missed something using the comments section below!