Honestly, Battlefield V open beta was very much a failure, not in terms of turnout but the issues it was plagued with really seems to have stirred a lot of concerns. However, it is of great assurance that DICE was not blindly conducting that Beta.
DICE was all but active during that Battlefield V open beta and they were making notes on those occurring issues. Recently DICE has revealed some of the changes to BFV based on the community feedback gathered from the open beta.
DICE was not kidding around when they said that they will be strictly monitoring the chats. Which points towards the fact that the team anticipated all of the issues they were going to face and were all but ready to stay on top of them.
Among the issues that plagued the Battlefield V open beta the major ones included performance issues, radio controls not being visible, players leaving the squad, issues related to gadgets and such. However, as you might have heard then that the biggest one was the matchmaking issues.
Now though it seems like DICE is trying hard to have a good grip on such issues and some of the changes that have been revealed over at Reddit have been listed below.
- Squad play and Matchmaking – Several changes are already in place and additional improvements will be made to secure the best possible launch experience.
- Attrition – Scarcity of ammo and health is something we want to get just right, and the Open Beta gave us a lot of info on how to balance it.
- Visibility – Distance haze, lighting, general contrast and other visibility aspects are being tinkered with, letting you see your enemies better in the world.
- Death Experience – We’re adjusting bleed out and spawn times to make your virtual deaths as good as virtual deaths can be.
- Vehicles – Damage states, movement, and weaponry of tanks and other vehicles are being tweaked.
- TTK and TTD – We’re adjusting automatic weapons to make the Time to Kill and Time to Death as fair and fun as possible.
- Progression and Customization – We’re working on making the user journey one that’s smooth and personal.
- Chat Profanity Filter on PC – We are evaluating the Open Beta feedback and are making many adjustments for launch.
Although duly noted the fact that most of the changes mentioned here do not include quite many changes, which have been voiced by the community, still it is a great assurance to know that they are actually taking things seriously.