As the name suggests, the sorcerer class has a wizardly nature. The Sorcerer class in Diablo 4 is all about giving heavy damage to enemies by not closely engaging in a one-to-one fight. With this skill class, you will cast spells to deal ultimate damage to multiple enemies with powerful elemental magic. The main flex of the Sorcerer skill tree in Diablo 4 is its potent lightning attacks.
The sorcerer skill tree is further categorized into different clusters of skills. Each cluster has a specific theme and contains skills relevant to them. These clusters range from basic to ultimate and passive skill sets.
You will have to invest your skill points to unlock different skills from clusters which can be earned by leveling up in Diablo 4 and gaining one skill point per level-up.
- Basic Skill Tree
- Core Skill Tree
- Defensive Skill Tree
- Conjuration Skill Tree
- Mystery Skill Tree
- Ultimate Skill Tree
- Key Passive Skills
This skill throws a lightning bolt at the enemy, which strikes it multiple times and leashes heavy damage. Spark has the following enhancement and upgrades to choose from;
- Enhanced Spark: Ensures a 40% chance to hit some additional enemies/ deals more damage if no other enemy is there.
- Flickering Spark: Has a 3% chance of forming crackling energy on each hit.
- Glinting Spark: Grants a 2% increase in Critical Striking chance for each cast.
It deals fire damage to enemies by throwing a hurling a flame bolt and burns for 40%
- Enhanced Fire Bolt: The bolt pierces through the enemies who are burning.
- Flickering Fire Bolt: Generates some Mana upon hitting the Burning enemies.
- Glinting Fire Bolt: Burning damage is increased by 20% with a Critical Fire bolt strike.
It strikes a lightning arc that damages the enemies before you. It holds enemies hit for sweeping enemies a certain number of times.
- Enhanced Arc Lash: Sweeps some additional time for critically stroked Arc Lash
- Flickering Arc Lash: Increase in movement speed by 6%.
- Glinting Arc Lash: Reduces Cooldown time for lashing arc in stunned enemy
It strikes a chain of lightning that deals heavy damage to the enemies before you and prioritizes enemies by tying a chain between you and surrounding enemies.
- Enhanced Chain Lightning: Gains an increased Critical Strike Chance per bounce by 3%.
- Destructive Chain Lightning: 25% chance to form a Crackling Energy for Chain Lightning Critical Strike.
- Greater Chain Lightning: Chain Lightning bounces off of you; its next hit deals 25% increased damage.
Deals lightning damage by throwing multiple bolts that ascend on the ground in some irregular pattern.
- Enhanced Charged Bolts: Releases a lightning nova for striking an enemy with the same cast of Charged Bolts and deals severe damage to enemies around them.
- Destructive Charged Bolts: Decreases their damage dealt by 20% for striking an enemy with Charged Bolts
- Greater Charged Bolts: Deal 25%increased damage to Stunned enemies.
Deals cold damage by throwing frozen orbs, which pierce shards through enemies. The orb explodes when it expires and deals heavy damage.
- Enhanced Frozen Orb: If you cast above 50 Mana, Frozen Orb’s explosion damage is increased by 30%
- Destructive Frozen Orb: Restores some Mana upon hitting a Frozen enemy.
- Greater Frozen Orb: Frozen Orb’s explosion has a 25% chance of making all enemies hit Vulnerable, which it always does.
Surround yourself with Fire for a short while that makes you immune and burns nearby enemies. Flame Shield has the following enhancement and upgrades to choose from
- Enhanced Flame Shield: Grants 25% movement speed
- Mystical Flame Shield: Reduces mana cost by 25% while Flame Shield is active
- Shimmering Flame Shield: Heals user for 50% of the missing health
Ice Armor covers you with a blockade of ice for some time, saving your base Life and taking part of the damage to your health upon getting a hit.
- Enhanced Ice Armor: It increases Mana Regeneration by 25% when active.
- Mystical Ice Armor: Damage against Vulnerable enemies contributes 50% more to Ice Armor’s Barrier.
- Shimmering Ice Armor: Enemies have a 15% chance to become Frozen if it is active.
It teleports you to your target location by transforming you into lightning and deals very high lightning damage where you land.
- Enhanced Teleport: Decreases Teleport’s cooldown time per enemy hit
- Mystical Teleport: Cracking Energy hits additional enemies after Teleporting.
- Shimmering Teleport: After Teleporting, you gain a 30% Damage Reduction.
As the name suggests, the Conjuration skill tree allows you to conjure or summon elemental attacks or creatures to deal damage.
It calls a 3-headed hydra by spending some Mana, which skewers fireballs on the enemies and burns them down.
- Enhanced Hydra: Gain additional head with your casts of Hydra, if healthy
- Invoked Hydra: Your Hydras gain a 30% Critical Strike Chance for every Critically Strike
- Summoned Hydra: Burns enemies for additional Base damage dealt.
Charm a pair of ice blades that rapidly slash enemies and unleash heavy damage to make them Vulnerable.
- Enhanced Ice Blades: Reduces Ice Blades’ Cooldown each time it hits a Vulnerable enemy.
- Invoked Ice Blades: Gain a 10% increase in Attack Speed per active Ice Blades
- Summoned Ice Blades: 50% of Enhanced Ice Blades’ Cooldown Reduction is applied to your other Skills.
It summons a spear that awaits and looks for enemies to hit them with lightning damage.
- Enhanced Lightning Spear: Gains a 5% increase in stacking Critical Strike Chance for its duration after Critically Striking
- Invoked Lightning Spear: Numbs enemies when Critically Striking.
- Summoned Lightning Spear: Increases the damage of your next Lightning Spear cast by 20% by collecting Crackling Energy
The mystery skill tree for sorcerers in Diablo 4 focuses on widespread and devastating attacks that consume Mana.
Throws a lightning ball which ascends forward and knocks down enemies dealing heavy damage.
- Enhanced Ball Lightning: Increased damage rate by 200% of your Attack Speed Bonus.
- Mage’s Ball Lightning: Stuns enemies hit in the next cast after hitting close enemies with Ball Lightning.
- Wizard’s Ball Lightning: Forms a Crackling Energy if a cast of Ball Lightning hits an enemy, but it can only happen once per cast.
It calls a frosty Blizzard that deals heavy damage by continuously freezing the enemies in the way.
- Enhanced Blizzard: Increases Blizzard damage to Frozen enemies by 25%.
- Mage’s Blizzard: Increases Blizzard’s duration when cast above 50 Mana.
- Wizard’s Blizzard: Your Core Skills cost 10% less Mana if you have an active Blizzard.
It forms a Wall of Fire that deals heavy fire damage to enemies by burning them down.
- Enhanced Fire Wall: Increases Burning damage to enemies by 25% from you while standing in Firewall.
- Mage’s Fire Wall: Enemies continue burning after leaving Firewall.
- Wizard’s Fire Wall: Increases Mana Regeneration by 5% for each active Firewall.
The Sorcerer Ultimate skill tree will decide which kind of mage you eventually end up being; ice, fire, or lightning. The ultimate skills from this tree in Diablo 4 deal devastating damage and apply status effects.
It deep freezes you by making an ice cover around yourself that gives immunity to hits and deals heavy damage to enemies by chilling and also at the end when it expires.
- Prime Deep Freeze: Gain 10% of your Base Life as a Barrier when Deep Freeze ends for each enemy you Froze while it was active.
- Supreme Deep Freeze: Reduces non-ultimate cooldown by 50% at the end of Deep Freeze
It summons a Burning Serpent that continually damages enemies by burning them down and narrows the target area.
- Prime Inferno: Pulls Enemies to its center repeatedly.
- Supreme Inferno: While Inferno is active, your Pyromancy Skills cost no Mana.
It passes a lightning strike from your body and activates another skill from other clusters when you cast this shock skill.
- Prime Unstable Currents: Increases your Attack Speed by 25% while Unstable Currents is active.
- Supreme Unstable Currents: Crackling Energy continually fluctuates and consumes no charges with this active.
Key Passives for Sorcerers further amplify the entire build you have created by using the skills above. Selecting the wrong key passive can seriously hamper your impact on the battlefield.
Frost Skills will not consume Mana for the next cast of Ice Shards, Frozen Orb, or Blizzard with a chance of 10% and increases the damage dealt. The chance is doubled against Vulnerable enemies.
At the end of the freeze, the enemies will experience increased damage up to 25% of damage during freeze attacks.
The cracking energy will hit extra enemies and reduce the shock skill cooldown time, which may increase when used against Elites.
The damage dealt by shock skills will be 10% greater to closer enemies, and you will also get 20% lesser damage. These bonuses are increased more by critical damage.
The Fire Critical Damage increases for enemies with health greater than 50%; for those below 50%, the Critical Strike chance of Fire is boasted. You will get both advantages if enemies are killed with a Critical Strike.