Paladin is one of the seven classes in Diablo 2 Resurrected and arguably the most reliable one. In this Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Paladin Builds guide, we will be getting you up to speed with some of the best Paladin Builds in D2R.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Best Paladin Builds
Given that you play your cards right, the Paladin class in Diablo 2 Resurrected is quite handy for both PvE and PvM.
Talking about Paladin’s skill tree, its combat is mainly based on various types of melee attacks.
Apart from that, there are also some effective magic and shield attacks in its arsenal. Some of the most effective combat skills include Fist of the Heavens, Zeal, and Holy Shield.
As for its offensive and defensive auras, the former provides different types of boosts to attack types and damage types, whereas the latter allow Paladin to defend himself against the opponent’s attacks as well heal himself.
Some of Paladin’s best offensive auras are Holy Fire, Concentration, and Blessed Aim. Whereas for defensive auras, definitely consider having Resist Cod, Resist Lightning, Resist Fire, and Redemption at your disposal.
Depending on the playstyle you prefer as well as your level, you can craft various builds for the Paladin Class.
In our D2 Resurrected guide below, which details three different Paladin builds, factoring in both PvE and dueling, that you can opt for depending on the phase of the game you’re in.
So, let’s get started!
Early Game Paladin Build
If you are just starting out in the game, this Paladin build is designed just for you. Nothing in this build will be too difficult for you to handle.
It is based on providing attacking boosts, especially fire damage, as well as reduced damage – all the things that you particularly require early on in the game.
Here are the desired auras and skills for our early game Paladin’s build:
- Holy Fire +10: Add fire damage to the Paladin’s attacks and also deals some fire damage to every monster in range.
- Zeal +10: Provides a considerable boost to attack speed, attack rating, and damage.
- Sacrifice +2: Provides a considerable boost to Paladin’s attack rating and damage.
For attributes, we have prioritized strength. The overall distribution should look something like this:
- Strength: 25 points
- Dexterity – Enough points to use gear
- Vitality: Remaining points
- Energy: Base
Here are the gear items that you should opt for this early game build:
- Armor: Stealth
- Helm: Cap of Balance
- Belt: Belt
- Shield: Superior Targe
- Gloves: Leather Gloves
- Boots: Grim Brogues Light Plated Boots
- Weapon: Isenhart’s Lightbrand Broad Sword
- Rings: Steel Ring of Chance, Steel Ring of Health
- Amulet: Serpent’s Amulet of Dexterity
Battle Hammer Paladin
This Battle Hammer Paladin build is ideal for players in the mid or late phases of the game. It generally focuses on building stamina and boosting attack damage to over 13000.
To achieve the required effect, it combines Blessed Hammer with other similar skills, auras, stats, and auras.
Here are the desired auras and skills for Battle Hammer Paladin build.
- Vigor +20 (Max): Boosts the running speed, maximum stamina, as well as stamina regeneration rate for Paladin and his entire party.
- Blessed Aim +20 (Max): Greatly enhances the attack rating of Paladin and his entire party.
- Concentration +20 (Max): Substantially enhances the physical damage of Paladin and his entire party.
- Holy Shield +20 (Max): Boosts Paladin’s defensive rating, including his ability to block attacks.
- Blessed Hammer +20 (Max): A swirling hammer that can deal massive damage to enemies.
For attributes, we have focused on strength and dexterity. You can see the overall distribution below:
- Strength: Around 100 Points (depending upon the maximum available points)
- Dexterity: Around 160-175 Points (depending upon your shield and the maximum available points)
- Vitality: Rest of the Points
- Energy: Base
For the gear, don the following items:
- Armor: Enigma Archon Plate
- Belt: Arachnid Mesh Spiderwes Sash
- Helm: Harlequin Crest Shako
- Amulet: Mara’s Kaleidoscope Amulet
- Gloves: Magefist or Chance Guards (for Magic Find)
- Shield: Herald of Zakarum or Spirit Shield
- Boots: War Travelers, Sandstorm Treks
- Weapon: Heart of the Oak
- Weapon Switch: Call to Arms
Rings: Bone Coil Ring, Bone Touch Ring
Shocking Zealot Paladin
This is another one of our Paladin builds for mid or late-game. It can shock a monster with repeated strikes such that it won’t have the time to react.
To achieve the desired effect, this build focuses on strengthening your resistance against lightning, fire, and cold while incorporating the same elements in your offense.
For the Shocking Zealot Paladin build, resort to the following auras and skills:
- Resist Lightning +20 (Max): Increases the lightning resistance of Paladin and his entire party.
- Salvation +20 (Max): provides considerable resistance to fire, cold, and lightning to Paladin and his whole party.
- Holy Shock +20 (Max): adds lightning damage to Paladin’s attacks. Also, it causes Paladin to deal lightning damage to every monster in range.
- Holy Freeze: +1: Deals cold damage and reduces the attack and movement speed of all enemies in range.
- Zeal +4 (Max): Provide a considerable boost to damage, attack rating, and attack speed.
- Holy Shield +1: Greatly enhances the defensive rating of Paladin and also improves his odds of blocking attacks.
For attributes, we have prioritized dexterity and strength. The overall distribution looks like this:
- Strength: Around 100 Points
- Dexterity: Around 170 Points
- Vitality: Remaining Points
- Energy: Base
Here are the recommended gear items that you should equip for Shocking Zealot Paladin build:
- Armor: Smoke
- Belt: Bladebuckle Plated Belt
- Helm: Sazabi’s Mental Sheath Basinet
- Amulet: Garnet Amulet
- Gloves: Ghoul Hide Heavy Bracers
- Shield: Spirit Shield
- Boots: Tearhaunch Greaves
- Weapon: Crushflange Mace
- Weapon Switch: Rakescar War Axe
- Rings: Eagle Grasp Ring, Scintillating Ring of Sorcery