Days Gone sales continue to increase in 2019 despite being one of the games with the mediocre reviews. According to a recent report by NPD, Days Gone is sitting eighth in the list of top 10 games sold so far in 2019.
With that confirmed, it’s clear that bad review scores of Sony Bend’s latest game didn’t stop PlayStation 4 players from purchasing it. Days Gone sales make it sit right behind multiplatform Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption 2 and ahead of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.
US NPD SW – YTD 2019 Top 10 Sellers – Mortal Kombat 11 is the best-selling game of 2019 year-to-date. pic.twitter.com/jg0eB1tvYR
— Mat Piscatella (@MatPiscatella) June 18, 2019
2019 Year to Date Top Selling Games Including Physical and Digital Copies
- Mortal Kombat 11
- Kingdom Hearts III
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
- Resident Evil 2
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Days Gone
- MLB 19: The Show
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
As you can see, Mortal Kombat 11 is the most selling game in 2019. MK11 has remained on top of the sales chart since its launch in May, 2019. That’s because the latest entry in Mortal Kombat series is available on PS4, Xbox One, PC and also on Nintendo Switch unlike Days Gone. If you ask me, Days Gone sales are really impressive given that its a PS4 exclusive title.
Sony has not disclosed the total Days Gone sales numbers yet for some reason unlike Marvel’s Spider-Man and God of War. For those who don’t, Marvel’s Spider-Man and God of War sold exceptionally well and Sony boasted sales of these games within the first month of release.
That’s why it’s hard to estimate Days Gone sales at the moment. However, the above chart makes it clear that Days Gone had an amazing launch in terms of sales.
Apart from that, NPD Report also reveals that Days Gone sales make it the second best selling game of May 2019 in the United States after Mortal Kombat 11.
Despite the bad reviews at launch, the developer continues to make adjustments to the game along with new updates. Sony Bend has deployed various Days Gone updates in the past two months. These updates focused on fixing different issues of the game.
The latest Days Gone update version 1.11 is now available for download. Days Gone update 1.11 fixes a lot of bugs that have been affecting players in the game. For example, the “Didn’t Want To Join Up?” job will now work normally after you have installed the update.
Patch notes for Bend Studio’s Days Gone update 1.11 are as follows.
- Progression Issues
- Resolved an issue related to PlayGo where the main menu screen was not showing any selectable options
- During “Lines Not Crossed”, the NPC assisting you will function as intended
- The job “Didn’t Want To Join Up?” should progress properly
- The new “Dead Don’t Ride” bike decal can now be equipped at select mechanic merchants
- The HUD should now appear when hitting R3 when starting a new game in Survival Difficulty
- When at low health, the screen effect should appear correctly in Survival Difficulty
- Updated the text for the Survival Difficulty Mode start-up screen
- Corrected an issue where the trophy “Don’t Stop Me Now” was rewarded prior to completing the requirements
- The “Executioner” skill should function properly against Breakers
Days Gone is a game developed by Sony Bend Studio and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for PS4. We can expect Sony to unveil official Days Gone sale numbers sometime soon.