Like many other action games, Warhammer 40K Darktide also faces minor performance issues that you can fix by tweaking the graphics settings here and there. It will allow your game to run smoothly and align with your PC’s max performance capacity.
Let’s look at the preferred graphics settings to minimize the performance issues in Warhammer 40,000 Darktide.
Best Darktide graphics settings
To get the best experience out of Warhammer 40K Darktide, tweak the settings accordingly to the performance capacity of your PC. Instead of putting everything on high, try balancing the settings without sacrificing the quality of your experience too much.
|Field of View
|HFOV – 90 – 100 (HFOV will be automatically adjusted)
|1920 x 1080
|Off (can fix screen tearing, but it is better to turn it off)
|It can be set according to your preference
|On (if available)
|Nvidia Reflex Low Latency
|FidelityFX Super Resolution 2
|FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0
|On (improves edge quality, but does not affect the performance, so it is better to leave it on)
|Off (Used to smooth but affects performance, so it is better to keep it off)
|Off (provides light-reflection and illumination effects but downgrades the performance)
|Ray Traced Reflections
|RTX Global Illumination
|Off (preferable to keep it off)
Advanced Graphics Settings
|Ambient Occlusion Quality
|Medium (depends upon your PC’s performance, but most people should select medium)
|High (depends upon your PC, try out medium first)
|Volumetric Fog Quality
|Depth of Field
|High (only select High if you’ve turned off Ray Tracing)
|Skin Sub Surface Scattering
|Off (relatively unimportant, so turn it off)
|Screen Space Reflections
|Lens Quality Color Fringe
|Lens Quality Distortion
|6-8 (heavy impact on performance, so even high-performing PCs should not increase it above 12)
|Max Weapon Impact Decals
|50 (lower it to 20 if you experience lag during heated battles)
|Max Blood Decals
|50 (same as above)
|40 (lower it to 20 if you experience lag during heated battles)
Best Darktide Graphics Settings on XBox
Most of the graphics tweaks for Warhammer 40k Darktide come for PC. On the Xbox platform, only Xbox Series X get the chance to tweak their graphics settings from two presets named “Performance” and “Quality”. These options are not yet available on the Xbox Series S. If you’re an XBox Series X player, then you can tweak your graphics settings to Peformance mode to increase your performance. Additionally, you have the choice of tweaking the game’s FOV to see if it has any effect on your gameplay performance.
Tips for Improved Performance
Here are some tips that you can follow to improve your PC performance:
- Make sure that your video options are set appropriately by your PC. Such as DLSS, FSR, and resolution.
- If you want quick enhancement in your performance, then disable RayTracing.
- Turn off Steam Overly to improve the performance.
- Reinstalling the GPU can also greatly help. Remember that you must first completely remove the outdated GPU and then reinstall it.
- You can try changing the Screen settings from “Full Screen” to “Borderless, ” which may also work in some cases.
- Any application running in the background can reduce your performance, so close them before playing the game.
- It is recommended to keep the Framerate cap at 30/60/120 instead of “Unlimited”.
- You can also turn off the “Screen Space Reflections” in graphics settings to save the unnecessary use of GPU.
- Low-quality video settings are also recommended, so your PC does not have to run too hard while compromising performance.
- The NVIDIA GPUs can also change the power management mode to the maximum performance for the improvements through the control panel settings.