How to Feed Followers in Cult of the Lamb

If you want your cult to be strong and prosperous in Cult of the Lamb, you need to take good care of your followers. One of the most important mechanics your followers in Cult of the Lamb have is their Hunger Meter which requires feeding followers.

To keep your followers happy and healthy, you need to feed them good food. This may seem like a simple job to do, but unfortunately, your culinary skills at the start of your Cult of the Lamb journey will be very subpar.

This means that you’ll need to learn the cooking mechanics, recipes and the process of setting up your own farm. To help you out with that, we’ve prepared this guide where we’ll be showing you how to feed your followers in Cult of the Lamb.

How to Cook Food in Cult of the Lamb

The process of cooking food in Cult of the Lamb is surprisingly simple. To get started, you need to first construct a Cooking Pit.

Once you have your Cooking Pit ready, interact with it and it will show you all the meals that you can make with the ingredients you have on hand.

Once these things are set, interact with the Cooking Fire to start a minigame. Now a bar will appear with two sections, one green, and one red.

To cook a meal, press the key while the slider is in the green section. Also, keep in mind that the green portion will decrease as you cook more advanced meals. Do note that if you fail in the minigame, your meal will get burnt and it will become inedible.

If you successfully complete the minigame, your meal will be prepared in the Cooking Pit. As soon as it is prepared, your followers will automatically start heading to the Cooking Pit to get their piece of the meal.

When to Feed Followers

Now that you know how to cook food in Cult of the Lamb, let’s talk about when exactly you should feed your followers. You might think that you should feed them every day (or even multiple times a day) but that would be very inefficient.

Each one of your followers in the game has their own Hunger Meter, but there’s a collective Hunger Meter in the top left which shows the overall hunger level of your following.

To keep your followers satiated, you don’t actually need to feed them every day. Even if you feed them once every 2-3 days, you’ll notice that it won’t have that big of an impact on the Hunger Meter.

Note that if you want to feed a certain follower specifically, you can leave out a meal only for them and then command them to eat it.

Best Cooking Recipes

In Cult of the Lamb, the best food to cook is the Delicious Fish Feast. It is not only a 3-star dish but also features some cool buffs. That’s not even the best part, you can buy all of its ingredients for 10 Coins from The Fisherman.

However, you’ll have to complete the quest “Beasts Below the Waves” before you can purchase the recipe.

After the Delicious Fish Feast, the best recipe is the Splendid Vegetable Feast. This meal is not only easy to cook but also is quite beneficial.

Cult of the Lamb All Cooking Recipes

The next step in your culinary journey is to learn the cooking recipes in Cult of the Lamb.

To unlock cooking recipes, you just need to find the ingredients that are included in them. So every time you find new ingredients, you’ll unlock new recipes automatically.

That said, there are a few specific recipes in Cult of the Lamb that you’ll have to learn during follower quests.

Each recipe in Cult of the Lamb has its own buff and/or debuff. So you have to be very careful with the food you feed your followers. Some of these recipes can give your followers terrible stomach problems; and some may even cause their death.

The table below shows the ingredients required for each recipe in Cult of the Lamb and the effects it grants.

Recipe Name Ingredients Effects
Deadly Dish (1 Star) 1x Follower Meat 1x Fertilizer 1x Grass Has a 100% chance to drop a valuable item Has a 75% chance of dropping follower death
Pungent Fish Stew (1 Star) 3x Minnow Has a 10% chance to cause sickness
Bowl of Poop (1 Star) 3x Fertilizer Has a 50% chance to cause sickness and diarrhea Decreases Faith
Paltry Pumpkin Soup (1 Star) 4x Pumpkin Has a 5% chance to cause sickness and diarrhea
Minced Follower Meat (1 Star) 3x Follower Meat 5x Bones Has a 75% chance to cause sickness Has a 25% chance to increase loyalty of consumer Has a 40% chance to prevent the consumer from dissenting
Meager Mixed Meal (1 Star) 4x Berries 2x Minnow 2x Morsel Has a 10% chance to increase loyalty of consumer
Grassy Gruel (1 Star) 5x Grass Has a 25% chance to cause sickness Decreases Faith (nullified by Grass Eater Trait)
Basic Berry Bowl (1 Star) 6x Berries Has a 15% chance to make the consumer poop immediately
Stringy Meat Gruel (1 Star) 3x Morsel Has a 10% chance to make the consumer exhausted
Modest Mixed Meal (2 Star) 4x Pumpkin 2x Salmon 2x Meat Has a 20% chance to increase loyalty of consumer
Cheery Cauliflower Chowder (2 Star) 4x Cauliflower Has a 25% chance of dropping a valuable item Has a 5% chance to cause sickness
Hearty Meat Broth (2 Star) 2x Meat Has a 25% chance to drop valuable items Has a 15% chance to make the consumer poop immediately
Tasty Fish Meal (2 Star) 3x Salmon Has a 25% chance to drop valuable items Has a 15% chance to make the consumer poop immediately
Splendid Vegetable Feast (3 Star) 6x Beetroot 2x Pumpkin 2x Cauliflower   Has a 50% chance to increase the loyalty of the consumer Increases Faith
Magnificent Mixed Meal (3 Star) 4x Beetroot 2x Tuna 2x Meat Increases loyalty of consumer Prevents consumer from dissenting
Delicious Fish Feast (3 Star) 1x Squid 1x Octopus 1x Blowfish 1x Swordfish Has a 25% chance to drop valuable items Has a 30% chance to make an ill follower completely recover from their sickness Increases Faith  
Mighty Meat Feast (3 Star) 4x Meat 1x Crab 1x Lobster Has a 75% chance to drop valuable items