Anthem Colossus is one of the initial four Javelins in Anthem. Here is all about its abilities, weapons, gadgets, ultimate, strengths, and weaknesses.
Anthem Colossus Javelin
Anthem is a sci-fi action game being a third-person shooter, having lethal and heavy weaponry.
You will be playing as a freelancer, going out to explore the world and fighting your enemies armored in the javelin exosuits leaving the player in total awe and rushed with the heart-pounding experience.
Talking about javelins, there are four javelins in the game and only one for until you are at Level 11.
You will be playing with Ranger, one of the javelins in the game until you reach Level 12 and after that the other three javelins, Colossus, Interceptor, and Storm will be unlocked.
All the javelins are unique in their abilities and are capable of very different things than each other. You can always choose your favorite but not before, you try all four.
Among the four javelins, Colossus is the one that intrigued me the most.
Also called The Tank being the heaviest javelin among all four. Colossus draws lots of enemy fire it’s way.
It is not that mobile and nimble and can cause you a problem when dodging the enemies but has a shield attached on its arm that can take high damage.
Colossus can carry the most powerful weapons. The javelin cannot carry pistols like other javelins but can carry minigun and heavy assault weapons like the grenade launcher and flamethrower.
Use these big guns and launchers to control large enemy groups and to blow up your enemies at the right time. The regenerative arm shield not only acts defensive but offensive as well.
Colossus’ melee attack “Heavy Smash” in which it lands down from the air and slams its both fists on the ground is an incredible attack for killing enemies with low health, but hitting the ground with the shield out creates a more destructive effect and give you a few moments to charge attack on your enemies.
Low on mobility, Colossus has to stay on the ground mostly to use its attack but is also provided a flying jetpack to land on desired places quickly. Make sure to use it to land near your enemies and not to waste your jet fuel in flying pointlessly.
Known abilities of Colossus are listed down below:
- High Explosive Mortar: Launches explosive that can blow up a large group of enemies.
- Burst Mortar: Projectiles mortar simultaneously to give wide area damage.
- Firewall Mortar: Creates a firewall between you and the enemies.
- Lighting Coil: Fires randomly with waves of electricity.
- Shock Coil: Shoots electricity giving damage to nearby enemies
Heavy Assault Launcher
- Heavy Cannon: Launches a single rocket, dealing with high area damage.
- Flamethrower: Throws out fire on nearby enemies.
- Flak Cannon: Shoots an arc of short-range projectiles on enemies.
- Railgun: A single target laser giving out high damage to enemies.
- Acid Spitter: Fires of acid on enemies.
- Taunt: This taunts your enemies to divert all their focus on you so your allies can be protected. You can absorb the damage by your shield.
- Deflector Pulse: Provides all the javelins with a short time resistance, reducing damage to your team.
Colossus’ ultimate ability is to take out its siege cannons and shooting out three massive missiles that explode, giving extremely high area damage, wiping out large groups of enemies.
Colossus is the support of your team, attacking enemies and giving large area damages. Once the player gets skilled in using this javelin, like when to defend and when to attack, it can prove out to be an incredibly outstanding and useful javelin.