Like Nvidia, AMD also rolls out new drivers for its GPUs and this time AMD has rolled out the Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.5.2 Beta which brings various fixes for games such as Sea of Thieves, The Crew and Warhammer: Vermintide 2.
The AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.5.2 Beta fixes the issue in Sea of Thieves where the game crashes or hangs after the initial splash screen.
Furthermore, it also fixes the white screen issue for The Crew on daytime maps and also fixes the Warhammer: Vermintide 2 where the game hangs when the resolution is changed. Here i what is fixed:
- Sea of Thieves may experience an application crash or hang after the initial splash screen.
- Brightness or white screen issues may be observed when playing The Crew on daytime maps.
- Shader Cache may sometimes fail to enable or may not correctly cache shaders for games.
- A limited number of Radeon FreeSync enabled displays may experience a blank screen when Radeon FreeSync is enabled in a game.
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 may experience an application hang upon changing resolution.
- Some zombie textures may fail to render in horde mode for Arizona Sunshine .
However, not everything is sunshine and roses with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 18.5.2 Beta as it also introduces some issues like stuttering while gaming if you are using Radeon ReLive Instant Replay.
The Witcher 3 might experience stuttering during gameplay and more. The following are the known issues introduced by this AMD driver.
- Some games may experience minor stuttering during gameplay when the Radeon ReLive Instant Replay feature is enabled and FRTC is also enabled.
- Radeon Overlay may not show all available features when some games are run in borderless fullscreen mode.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt may experience stuttering during gameplay.
- Edited videos sometimes fail to appear in the Radeon ReLive gallery after switching tabs.
- Corruption may be experienced with OGL or Vulkan API applications on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
If you are interested in installing this driver for your AMD GPU then you download it from here.