Eidos Montreal Hiring Monetization Specialist, “‘Don’t worry and Trust Us,” Says Dev
Eidos Montreal, the studio best known for the Deux Ex reboot, recently published a job vacancy to hire a monetization specialist at the studio which caused an uproar among fans being worried about the future games from the studio.
Eidos is also currently partnered with the Marvel Entertainment to work on Avengers series.
The job posting includes that the applicant will be responsible for a variety of things including managing and improving in-game stores by providing price strategies and setting up sponsoring mechanics, coupons, cross-selling, up-selling offers and creating customer loyalty.
The listing has not mentioned the game they are hiring for and not everything is about the money making rather giving players know about the game and how they can invest in its system. The duties applicant will be responsible for and requirements are as follows
- Create and manage promotion and A/B testing campaigns inside and across Eidos Montreal titles.
- Set-up sponsoring mechanics, coupons, rebate, deal, cross-selling and up-selling offers.
- Create customer loyalty efforts, newsletters and customer segmentation.
- Manage and improve the in-game stores in terms of content, experience and pricing strategy.
- Define, follow, analyze and improve on the business KPIs and provide reporting on an on-going basis.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience paid digital marketing experience in a game e-commerce environment or related field
- Experience using analytics platforms: Omniture, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, etc.
- Strong quantitative capacity to analyze and interpret large datasets.
- Solid understanding of major KPIs and knowledge of appropriate measures of success by channel and campaign for the video game industry.
- Ability to apply results across all digital properties to drive growth.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Bilingual (French and English).
Mainly the new hire will be in charge to ensure that the monetization of Eidos Montreal’s game meets the standard for the studio and the players. Keep this in mind it’s okay to assume that Eidos is working on bringing better online experience which we do not know much about but David Anfossi replied by saying ”Don’t worry and trust us” when he was asked by a fan who was worried.