Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Governors Guide – Best Governors, Tiers, Bonuses
In Civilization 6: Rise and Fall, Governors play a very important role which is almost game-changing. The guide will help you in getting the maximum amount of benefit from these Governors. To get the max amount of benefit, you must know about the buffs which a Governor brings.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Governors
Governor used correctly are absolute game-changer and can open new play-styles. To unlock Governor you need to gather Governor titles. By researching project, State Workforce from the Civic Tree and further follow craftsmanship. Furthermore, titles can upgrade from the Civic Tree by gathering other nodes, through upgrading certain Government Plaza and building wonders.
You can recruit a Governor and assign it as to your desire. In Civilization 6: Rise and Fall, each Governor has his/her own skill tree that is built by using points. Few skill trees worth mentioning are.
Amani the Diplomat
To lower enemy loyalty Amani is a great tool. This Diplomat can also perform defensive activities by margin up loyalty on your own area making her very effective in the early stages of the game.
- Tier 1 = Can be sent to a City State where she counts as 2 envoys
- Tier 2 = Emissary – all Foreign Cities in range get increased Loyalty to your Civ; Prestige – All Domestic Cities in range get increased Loyalty to your Civ
- Tier 3 = Affluence – get a copy of the luxuries in the City State you are in; Promoter – +Amenities in the City you are in
- Tier 4 = Puppeteer – Doubles the number of Envoys you have in the City State you are Located in
Reyna the Financier
Placing her near Tiles will reward you for grabbing them very quickly, allowing her to Land Acquisition promotion do its work. She is all about earning cash. opening the potent ability to purchase districts outright.
- Tier 1 = Acquires new City Tiles Quicker
- Tier 2 = Harbourmaster – Bonus to agency from Harbor and Commercial District; Foreign Exchange – +gold for all Foreign Trade Route passing through the city
- Tier 3 = Tax Collector – + Gold for each citizen in the city
- Tier 4 = Contractor – can buy Districts with Gold; Curator – increased Tourism from Great Works
Moksha the Cardinal
Moksha the Cardinal is not that good when you are not going for a Religious Victory. Although if you are going for Religious victory then he is your pick because of his secret weapon. By placing him near the front lines in your crusade will make it highly difficult to convert, but give your religious units pushing out from it excellent bonuses.
- Tier 1 = Increased Religion pressure from the city
- Tier 2 = Grand Inquisitor – +Combat Strength for Religious Units near city; Divine Architect – +Production towards Religious Buildings
- Tier 3 = Laying On Of Hands – Religious Units fully heal in 1 turn; Citadel of God – Ignores pressure and combat bonuses from other Religions
- Tier 4 = Patron Saint – Apostles built in this city get an extra promotion
Victor the Castellan
Hated by Barbarians, he is one of the most effective Governor when it comes to defense. Placing Victor on the border where you get attacks often by placing him the enemy will think twice before attacking.
- Tier 1 = + City Garrison Strength
- Tier 2 = Garrison Commander – Units in cities territory get a Defense bonus; Defense Logistics – City can’t be put under Siege
- Tier 3 = Security Expert – Enemy Spies work at a reduced level in this city; Embrasure – City gets a second ranged strike
- Tier 4 = Air Defense Initiative – Bonus to air defense within city range against planes and ICBMs
Pingala the Educator
Pingala The Educator abilities allow you to earn twice from the Great People. So make sure he’s standing near them to get a maximum amount of benefit. It also includes enhancing the speed of building nukes and spaceships.
- Tier 1 = +Science, +Culture in City
- Tier 2 = Connoisseur – +Production to Theater Square Buildings in City; Researcher – +Production to Campus buildings in City
- Tier 3 = Grants – Increases the Great Person points Generated in the City
- Tier 4 = Arms Race Proponent – +Production towards Nuclear Arms; Space Initiative – +Production to Space-Based Projects
Liang the Surveyor
At the early stages of Civilization 6: Rise and Fall, Aquaculture promotion can be unlocked, which will allow you to spam Fisheries making the most remote island into outstanding cities.
- Tier 1 = Grants an extra builder charge
- Tier 2 = Infrastructure – +production of Government Plaza and Buildings; Aquaculture – Can build the Fishery Tile Improvement
- Tier 3 = Zoning Commissioner – +production of building Districts; Amusement – +production to Entertainment Complex and Water Park Buildings
- Tier 4 = Parks and Recreation – Can Build the City Park Tile Improvement
Magnus The Steward
Magnus The Steward goes very good with the slash and burn play style. Black Marketeer perk allows you to create units which require a strategic resource. Also grants additional charges to the builder in the Civilization 6: Rise and Fall.
- Tier 1 = Bonus to plot yields and terrain removals in the city
- Tier 2 = Surplus Logistics – +Growth in the City, +Food in cities that end Trade Routes in the City; Provision – + Production of Industrial Zone Buildings, Settlers do not consume population
- Tier 3 = Industrialist – +production for each strategic resource in the city; Black Marketeer – don’t need Strategic Resources to build Units in this city
- Tier 4 = Vertical Integration – You get the Industrial Zone bonuses from all nearby districts, not just the 1
This is all we have in our Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Governors Guide. If there is anything else that you would like to add, let us know in the comments section below!