Nintendo has been regularly rolling out updates for its hybrid console and now Nintendo has rolled out another Nintendo Switch firmware update. The latest firmware update 3.0.1 fixes the battery issues which were introduced after firmware update 3.0.0.
Fixing the battery issue seems to be the only thing this firmware update does. According to Nintendo, if the remaining battery charge is not being displayed correctly then follow the steps below and the issue will be resolved gradually. Also, Nintendo has noted that these steps will only be applicable to system version 3.0.1 or above.
Addressed an issue in which the remaining battery charge can’t be displayed accurately If the system’s battery power display suddenly increases or decreases, it will gradually improve by following these steps.
- Set the Auto-Sleep mode to “Never” for “Playing on Console Screen” and for “Connected to TV.”
- Connect the AC adapter directly to the console until the battery is fully charged.
- If the battery charge indicator does not reach 100%, simply allow the console to charge for approximately three hours.
- The console can be in use while it is charging.
- Once the battery is fully charged, leave the console alone for one hour with the AC adapter still connected to it.
- Afterward, disconnect the AC adapter and allow the console to display the HOME Menu for approximately three to four hours.
- The remaining battery life must be depleted as much as possible.
- Once the battery charge is almost depleted, power off the console by holding down the POWER Button for three seconds, then select “Power Options” > “Turn Off.” Leave the console alone for at least 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps these several times.
- The battery charge indicator will improve gradually by repeating this process several times.
In related news, Capcom has announced Resident Evil Revelations and Revelations 2 for Nintendo Switch and both of these games will launch on the hybrid console by the end of 2017.
Has this latest Switch Firmware update fixed the issue for you? Let us know in the comments.