Take-Two: Red Dead Redemption 2 Launch Window Doesn’t “Really Matters”

By   /   May 24, 2017
Red Dead Redemption 2 delay

Fans were quite disappointed with the announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2 delay to Spring 2018 as opposed to the previously announced Fall 2017 launch. However, according to Take-two, such decisions are not made lightly and now Take-Two President has said that release window for Red Dead Redemption 2 does not matter.

Speaking during the Take-Two earnings call, Take-Two president Strauss Zelnick said that in order for Red Dead Redemption 2 to be successful the launch window does not matter saying “For a title like this, I don’t think the launch window really matters” when asked about the game’s potential summer 2018 release. He added that Red Dead Redemption launched in May 2010 and was “extraordinarily successful”.

Red Dead Redemption went out in May and was an extraordinarily successful title. Consumers are consuming entertainment year-round now; they don’t stop in the summer months. We believe that if you give people an extraordinary experience, they will show up for it.

However, it is not like Take-Two has not suffered any kind of backlash after the announcement of the game as share price for Take-Two dropped 9% as the delay was announced. The 9% drop in the share price of Take-Two interactive was reported after financial markets closed that day. The stock price for the company dropped from $69.04 to $61.75. However, the share price saw a bit improvement but is still not at the point from where it dropped.

Red Dead Redemption 2 is an open-world western action adventure game in development at Rockstar Games and is scheduled to launch in fall 2017. The game is a console exclusive, however, according to a leak, we might see a PC port of the game.

Featured Videos