Aspyr has announced that Civilization VI Linux version is on its way. This game is one of the most demanded by the Linux community, so the company has decided to please them.
This is statement from Aspyr’s official blog:
This is by far the most requested game we get asked for by the Linux community. Besides daily inquiries asking for Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI, we’ve also received 12 dozen warm chocolate chip cookies as well as squishy Linux penguins toys for the entire office. To say that we are excited to bring Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI to Linux is an understatement.
Civilization VI has also recently received two DLCs. The first one adds the Poland civilization:
- Includes the complete Polish civilization with Jadwiga, Winged Hussar unique Unit, and Sukiennice unique Building.
- Poland’s “Golden Liberty” unique ability allows them to gain territory when they build a Fort or Encampment, even allowing them to steal territory from other civs! They also convert a Military Policy slot into a Wildcard slot, giving them extra flexibility in culture.
- Jadwiga allows you to spread your religion to the nearby city when you gain another civ’s territory with Golden Liberty. Her relics provide bonus Faith, Culture, and Gold.
- The famous Winged Hussar is strong on the attack and can push back defending units.
- The Sukiennice, or Cloth Hall, gives bonus Production from foreign Trade Routes, and Gold from internal Trade Routes.
- Play as a great Polish noble lord in the “Jadwiga’s Legacy” Scenario:
- 60 Turn limit
- Defend Poland, Prague, and Vienna from invaders including the Teutonic Knights and Ottoman Turks
- Gain glory in battle and prove yourself the greatest defender of Poland.
The second DLC is the Vikings Scenario Pack:
- Six new City-States added to the base game:
- Auckland (Industrial): Additional production for Coastal tiles.
- Antananarivo (Cultural): Culture bonus that increases with every Great Person earned.
- Armagh (Religious): Builders can construct the Monastery improvement, which provides Faith and heals religious units.
- Granada (Militaristic): Builders can construct the Alcazar improvement, which protects military units and provides Culture.
- Muscat (Trade): Bonus Amenities in cities with a Commercial Hub.
- Palenque (Scientific): Improved City growth for cities with a Campus.
- Three new Natural Wonders added to the base game:
- Giant’s Causeway
- Play as a great ruler of the Dark Ages in the “Vikings, Traders, and Raiders!” Scenario:
- 100 Turn Scenario, from 787 to 1087
- Play as Harald Hardrada of Norway, King Canute of the Danes, or Olof Skotkonung of Sweden.
- Launch a naval invasion of England, conquer Paris, find Vinland with an explorer, or sail through Gibraltar and raid the Mediterranean Sea.
- Build a trade empire and profitable cities, or spread a religion and gain Faith for your people.
- Includes special art assets for leaders.
Both of them can be purchased $5, a cheap price for some good content.
This game is already available for PC, while Civilization VI Linux version is coming soon.