Civilization 6 amenities are really important in making sure your population is happy. Amenities increase the value of properties and include entities that provide different facilities.
The following guide will help you understand amenities from Civilization 6 and how they work, along with their sources.
For more help on Civilization VI check out Best Placements For Districts, Planning Wonders, Building Improvements, Tile Placements and Starter Guide – Leaders, City-States, Turns.
Civilization 6 Amenities Guide
First, you need to understand that Civilization 6 gives you +4 Amenities from luxuries. However, if you are playing as the Aztecs, you will instead get +6 from luxuries. all luxuries land you +4 amenities.
You will get +4 amenities for Plantations of Citrus, Cocoa, Coffee, Cotton, Dyes, Incense, Silk, Spices, Sugar, Tea, Tobacco, Wine.
- Mines also have +4 amenities for Diamonds, Jade, Mercury, Salt, Silver
- Fishing Boats give you +4 Amenities for Pearls, Whales
- Camps offer +4 amenities for Furs, Ivory, Truffles
- Quarries offer +4 amenities for Gypsum, Marble
The Great People
- Coleus grants +4 amenities and 100+ faith to your Civilization
- Estee Lauder grants 2x perfume which results in +6 amenities
- Helena Rubinstein grants 2x perfume which results in +4 amenities
- Irene of Athens raises your trade route capacity and gives +4 amenities
- John Spilsbury 1x toys which result in +4 amenities
- Levi Strauss grants 2x jeans which result in +4 amenities
The Great People not only provide different luxuries but also help boost amenities impact on the cities.
- Jane Drew grants +3 Amenities and +4 housing for the relevant city
- Joseph Paxton grants +1 Amenity and +3 tiles
- John Roebling +1 Amenity and +2 Housing for the relevant city
- Mimar Sinan grants +1 Amenity and +1 Housing
Districts and District Projects
Street Carnivals replace Entertainment Complex and grant +2 Amenities. You will also unlock a Carnival Projects that offers +1 Amenity. Meanwhile, Bath replaces Aqueduct district and grants +2 Housing and +1 Amenity.
Arena offers +1 amenity to the city and same is the case with the Zoo. Stadium grants +2 Amenities the every city center within 6 tiles.
- Alhambra grants +2 Amenities
- Colosseum grants +3 Amenities
- Estádio de Maracanã grants +2 Amenities
- Heuy Teocalli grants +1 Amenity
- River Godess grants +1 Amenity
- Zen Meditation +1 Amenity
Government & Policies
- Stadiums grant +1 Amenity
- New Deal grants +2 Amenities
- Retainers grant +1 Amenity
- Liberalism grants +1 Amenity
Keep in mind that the first copy of luxuries will grant +1 Amenity for up to 4 different cities. You have no control over which cities get amenities, the game will grant them to the ones that need the most. It is crucial that you keep your cities happy grant 10% growth increase and a 5% yield increase.
Meanwhile, Ecstatic cities get 20% growth increase and a 10% yield increase. If your cities are unhappy and unrest spreads, rebels will start a civil war.
1 Amenity is required for every 2 Population, it starts 3 population. You need 1 amenity for 3 population.
If you have any questions regarding Civilization 6 Amenities Guide, take to the comments below.