Gran Turismo 6 Course Maker Details Revealed
While the focus of many car racing game fans may be on the current generation games like DriveClub and Forza Motorsport 6 we sometimes forget Gran Turismo 6 is still out there on the Playstation 3. Fans are sure to take more notice of it though with the release of the new Course Maker.
GTPlanet have been able to get an exclusive look at how the Course Maker will work and for fans of Sony’s top racing game, it looks very interesting. As you can see from the screenshots the Course Maker actually works as a free app that can be downloaded onto iOS or Android devices through the App Store or Google Play.
Using the app to design the track, these are then uploaded to your Playstation Network account. From there you can load it in the game and race on it. The track designer will come with an extensive set of tools and options that include:
- Four different locations or geography types will be available, including the familiar “Eifel” location from GT5, the Andalusia region in Spain (around which the Circuit de la Sierra is based), along with the introduction of a new “Death Valley” location.
- Players will have full control of the shape and layout of the course, including the ability to set road width and the banking of corners.
- Roadside items such as plants, trees, buildings, signs, tents, and grandstands can be placed around the circuit.
- Curbing can be placed in custom areas along the edge of the track (though this functionality won’t be available in all of the geographic locations).
- Once the track has been saved and loaded into GT6, players will be able to test drive their track, or use it in Arcade Mode, Open Lobby online events, and share it with friends via the in-game Community Features.
Gran Turismo 6 will be undergoing scheduled maintenance in the early hours of September 30, with the Course Maker believed to be beaing made available in the hours after this is complete.
Do you still play Gran Turismo 6? Will you be trying the Course Maker? Let us know your thoughts below.