MGS V Collector’s Edition on Amazon Sold Out in Less Than 24 Hours
Earlier today, Amazon began receiving pre-orders for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Collector’s Edition.
Excited, I transferred funds to my bank account only to find out that the edition sold out in less than 24 hours. No surprises there, eh?
Only available for Xbox One and Playstation 4 for $99, the item page now reads, ‘Currently unavailable. We don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock.’
The fans based in the U.K. can still pre-order it from GAME UK for £99.99, but I would urge you to hurry up a little. Interestingly, it’s also available at EBGames Australia, but for $249.95 – no kidding.
I’m keeping an eye out to see when it restocks and will update as soon as it is available. Those who do not know, here is what MGS V Collector’s Edition contains:
Collector’s Edition Contents
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain game
- 24cm replica of Snake’s Bionic Arm
- Exclusive Collector’s Edition packaging
- Serialized Steel Card
- Original Steelbook
- Behind the Scenes Blu-Ray documentary and trailers
Additional Game Content
- Weapons Pack including 4 guns and 4 personal ballistic shields
- Cardboard Box Pack including 3 boxes
- Snake Costume Pack including 4 camouflage fatigue outfits
- Venom Snake Emblem for customization
- Metal Gear Online items: Metal Gear Rex Helmet, AM MRS-4 Gold, WU S.PISTOL Gold
- Metal Gear Online XP Boost
MGS V is scheduled to release on Sept. 1, 2015 on Xbox One, Playstation 4, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and Microsoft Windows.
Did you get a chance to pre-order yours before it disappeared?