FIFA 14 Second Update Headed to Consoles This Week
After facing a round full of complaints regarding the game being too easy to score, the second update for FIFA 14 was released to PCs a couple of days back. Now it is time for the much awaited console patch release which had been delayed and ignored until now.
An official post on EA Answers website, has finally given word on the release date of the console patch. It will hopefully be on your consoles by this week – kudos!
The post that was made over the weekend on October 5 confirmed that “Please note that the update is scheduled to come to consoles over the next week” adding, “We’ll share more news as it becomes available and timings are confirmed.”
The complete list includes bug fixes and areas highlighted through fan feedback:
• Balancing lofted through balls.
• Balancing attacking headers.
• Balancing finesse shots.
• Improved defender switching during crosses.
• Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.
• Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.
• Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.
• Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.
• Corrected “Any” and “GK” filters in Pro Clubs.
• We’ve responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day.
Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, it will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.
Other than that, the gameplay should be freezing a lot less after the update is installed – yes it won’t be totally fixed, you will have to wait some more for that.
In case the issues you were facing don’t get dealt with in this patch, you can always head to EA Forums and report to them, or let us know.