Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Errors, Crashes, Freezes and Fixes
One may ask, why should one play Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon? My answer would be; the exhilarating action coupled with dragons, and other furious monsters isn’t something we see often. The game is fun to play, and many avid PC gamers are itching to get their hands dirty with it.
However, users have reported some issues creating problems not letting them to play the game properly. These issues can be resolved by simple fixes. So, if you are looking for a fix related to a certain problem, browse through the following troubleshooting listing.
#1 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – CD Key Issues
Ubisoft is aware of the issue that a number of people are unable to activate the game via given cd key. They are looking into it and the issue will be resolved soon.
#2 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Game Crashes on Startup on Uplay
There are a few things you can do to avoid the crash:
- Navigate to your Steam folder and launch the game using the main executable and not the launcher.
- You can also use the dropdown menu next to the play button in Uplay and select to start the game in safe mode.
- Deleting the Appache folder in Steam folder and restarting Steam can also help to fix the issue.
- If you are still getting the crash on startup, you can try to install this.
#3 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Game Freezes During Campaign
First thin you need to do is repair your installation whether you are using Uplay or Steam. This should repair the damaged files. In case of Uplay, try re-installing the client or the game. I know that reinstalling the complete game can be hectic but there is no other work around for a bad installation.
#4 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Game Crashes on Changing Resolution
There must be a third party tool creating this issue. For instance, Xsplit can be an issue. Close these programs in the background and you will be fine.
#5 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – How to Choose Custom Resolution
Alternatively, if you want a custom resolution for the game, you can do it by editing the GamerProfile.xml file. You can find the file in documents>my games.
Open the file in text editor, and find ResolutionX=”x”/ResolutionX=”y”.
#6 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Missing Executable File Error
Before you try to re-install the whole game, you should do the following:
- First, shut down Steam.
- Now, go to the Steam folder and delete the folder named “appcache”.
- Then restart your PC and the missing file won’t give you any problem.
#7 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Autopatch is not Working
Try launching the game directly from the Steam folder (main executable). If that doesn’t work, try the fix mentioned in point 6.
#8 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Game Mouse Acceleration Fix
If you are having trouble with the mouse sensitivity/acceleration, you can do the following:
- Disable the Vsync and see if that helps.
- Try disabling the mouse acceleration.
- You can also adjust your mouse setting using your brand’s software.
#9 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon – Video Artifacts Fix
The issue is related to your GPU drivers. Update your drivers and the problem should be fixed.
If you come across any other issue, let us know by commenting below!