The game has been released at fairly low price 20$ which made it a very attractive choice for series followers. But, the game is broken and has faced several issues since its release.
An official patch is in the works as we speak, but till then you can refer to the troubleshooting guide below to resolve these issues.
Worms Reloaded Troubleshooting Guide
1# Worms Reloaded No Sound Fix
Started the game and have no sound no music ? you can try these workarounds to fix it.
- Update your DirectX drivers.
- Update your sound card drivers for your OS.
- Completely uninstall sound/video card drivers and then reinstall the updated version of the drivers. You can refer to our driver clean-up guide to completely remove the traces of the left-over driver files or you can do the same with a tool called Driver Sweeper.
- Verify the integrity of the game cache.
2# Worms Reloaded Lag Fix
If you are experience major in-game lag, force the game to use one core. Run the game, ALT-TAB to open your task manager, click on the processes tab, now right click on worms reloaded process. Click set affinity and select one processor.
3# Resolution and Refresh Rate Bug
Force the game to launch in native desktop resolution. Right click on ‘Worms Reloaded’ in Steam -> Properties -> Set launch options.
Add “-w 1024 -h 768 -refresh 60″. Run the game, now you won’t have any issues like game shutting down randomly.
4# Random Crashes
Verify integrity of game cache.
- Start Steam, and from the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache button.
- Steam will verify the game’s files now.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
5# Multiplayer Lag and Connection Issues
It seems like even when you don’t use your mic, if the settings in your steam client are not correct, it will constantly cause the mic to transmit the noise. Which will result in network congestion and connection issues.
In Steam go to Steam > Settings > Voice and make sure the selected device is correct or just disable the voice.
6# Game Crashes on Load
Did the game stuck at Team 17 logo ? and then crashed ?. Do an integrity check to resolve this issue.
7# Game Lag With Saitek Keyboards Fix
If you have Saitek Keyboard and it has resulted in horrible in-game lag, you can fix it by disabling all your USB input devices.
Go to your Task Manager>Human Interface Devices>and disable USB Input Devices listed here.
8# Voice Echo Fix
Just use push to talk feature rather than “Transmit my voice when I speak”. Open up your Steam Client -> Settings and in your Settings window, click the voice tab. On the bottom of the setting window, you will see two radio buttons, check “Use a push-to-key to transmit voice” assign the key and its resolved.
Any other issue you are facing ? comment.