The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Nintendo Switch Specs, Touch Screen Confirmed, Inside The Box
Nintendo Switch presentation just took place and now we have more information regarding the hybrid console. It has been confirmed that the Nintendo Switch will have a multi-touch screen, so that is a good thing. Here are the Nintendo Switch Specs that we know of so far.
Also check out: How Many Nintendo Switch Games Are in Development?
Nintendo Switch Specs
- Screen: 6.2-inch capacitive, multi-touch screen with 1280×720 resolution.
- Dock: The dock holds and charges the Nintendo Switch and provides audio and video output from the device to a TV.
- Stand: The Stand is used to deploy the device on a surface. It is located at the back of the device.
- Video Output: 720p in hand-held mode, 1080p when docked.
- Battery: Battery can last up to six hours on a single charge but depends on usability. Gaming may result in battery draining faster.
- Storage: 32 GB internal storage and optional microSD expansion.
- SoC: Custom Tegra processor from Nvidia
There are ports on the dock so you can charge accessories as the Switch is plugged in. Besides, that up to 8 players can connect to local LAN to play multiplayer games. The dock does not seem to provide any additional power but it does allow the Switch to run at higher clock speeds.
This is most probably due to power consumption. In handheld mode, the device is limited in terms of clock speeds to conserve power and give users longer play time. When the device is plugged in, there is no limitation and the Nintendo Switch is able to run at full frequency.
Nintendo Switch: What Is In The Box
It has been announced that the Nintendo Switch will cost $300, which is same (even more expensive) than the PS4 Slim and the Xbox One S. So what do you get for your money. Here are the items that you will find in the box:
- The Nintendo Switch console
- Left and right Joy-Con controllers
- Joy-Con wrist straps
- The Joy-Con Grip
- The Nintendo Switch Dock
- An HDMI cable
- A/C adaptor
Nintendo Switch Specs do not seem to be all that great but then again they need not be as Nintendo Switch specs are not meant to compete with the PS4 or Xbox One, at leat not directly. In my eyes, this device will be competing with the mobile platform.
As of right now, I have mixed feelings about the device and the Nintendo Switch Specs. We will have to see how other people react to this product.