In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
New Horizon Zero Dawn Details Include Environments, Skill Trees, Different Tribes And Much More
Horizon Zero Dawn is the upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusive game from Guerrilla Games and I personally am excited to get my hands on it. While we won’t see the game launch before early 2017, Guerrilla Games has revealed new Horizon Zero Dawn details.
The new Horizon Zero Dawn details come from the October 2016’s issue of Game Informer, and a NeoGaf user, Obliterator, has compiled a list of the important highlights of Horizon Zero Dawn details.
The details reveal that work on Horizon Zero Dawn began back in 2010 and the game has its own game engine completely different from Killzone Shadow Fall’s. Furthermore there will be deserts, arctic, and temperate environments in the game, along with machines that can hide under water.
Game’s protagonist, Aloy, is interested in finding he origins, and most importantly she is interested in finding her mother.
- Guerrilla wanted to make a game that’s “Beautiful in a majestic way” instead of the grit of Killzone. They wanted to create a world you wanted to be in, instead of escape from.
- Work on Horizon began in 2010
- Horizon has its own engine. Not the same as Shadow Fall
- GI saw settings in desert, arctic, and temperate environments. Saw machines that will hide in the water.
- Guerrilla promises why the world got this way will be answered. Also say “this is a sci-fi game and that they won’t depend on fantasy at any point.
- The various tribes are radically different including how they feel about the machines. Some of them believe the machines becoming more violent is punishment from the gods.
- You aren’t recruiting different tribes to your cause but they will sell you different gear and have their own side quests and storylines
- Aloy is most concerned with finding her origin, and most importantly who her mother was
- She has been raised in the Nora Tribe, but the tribe completely ignores her existence. For reasons she doesn’t know they seem to shun her.
- The Nora are ruled by women, Matriarchs
- Aloy was raised by another outcast named Rost, who didn’t do it of his own will. The Tribe forced him
- Rost is stern and overprotective but only wants the best for Aloy/Father figure
- There are playable flashbacks of Aloy’s childhood
- There are Hunter Trials which are essentially Big Game Hunts/Hunter’s Guild
- A flying enemy called a Glinthawk can throw ice bombs
- There are “Corruption Zones” which are areas of the map filled with dangerous enemies. Some of the biggest fights in the game can be found in these zones
- There are lots of sidequests but don’t expect them to be as expansive as The Witcher
- Screenshots show a large Hermit Crab type enemy.
- GI was surprised at the depth of the game, how intelligent the AI is, and how fluid the controls are
- You can craft different outfits to change Aloy’s appearance
- A screenshot shows Aloy wearing a metal chest piece, quite a bit different than her normal “animal skins” look
- Aloy has 3 different skill trees that you can put level up points into. They are Prowler (Stealth), Brave (Damage focus), and Forager (Resource Gathering)
- Aloy can find modifications when she defeats enemies that can be slotted into her weapons and armor. These affect things such as stats and give buffs
Horizon Zero Dawn is scheduled to launch in February 28, 2017 exclusively for PlayStation 4.