In today’s video, we discuss something subjective – are video game remasters good or bad? And...
Blizzard Has Launched Overwatch Top 500 System To Display The Best Players
Blizzard is slowly but surely bringing new features to Overwatch. Now, the developer has launched its Overwatch Top 500 system. This system will reveal the top 500 players in the season 1 of the competitive play.
As Blizzard Entertainment is pushing ahead with the competitive side of Overwatch, players who make it to the top 500 will get a shiny icon to show that they are one of the top 500 rankings.
The Overwatch Top 500 System is broken down into regions and platform. Leaderboards will be wiped clean at the end of the season for players to come back and make it to the top 500 rankings. All the details regarding the Overwatch Top 500 System are below.
- Anyone who manages to break into the Top 500 players in their region will now receive an in-game notification. A special icon will also display next their BattleTag, Gamer Tag, or PSN ID in the game UI.
- Each platform will have its very own leaderboard, and those are further broken up by region. So, the Top 500 PC players in the Americas will be different from PC players in Asia, Europe, and China. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms are broken down in the same way.
- Every season, the leaderboards will be reset, including the Top 500. Once this happens, previous performance records will have no effect on rank, so players will have to work their way back into the Top 500.
- At the end of each season, anyone who has made it into our official Top 500 (once it’s been activated) will receive an animated spray. We understand that player ranks will be shuffled throughout the season, so we’re not asking players to hold the Top 500 spot for any length of time.
- To qualify for Top 500, players will need to have a Skill Rating above 60.
Blizzard Entertainment has also promised that the Overwatch Top 500 System will continue to evolve. The studio also plans to improve the system and also a graphical leaderboard will also be added.
We’re excited about this new feature and how it will continue to evolve. In the future, we’re planning to improve on the system, adding a graphical leaderboard that will include the names and ranks of our Top 500 players. So, keep your eyes open, and thanks for playing Overwatch!
Overwatch is first person multiplayer shooter developed by Blizzard Entertainment for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.