The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Grinder Recipes Guide – Legendary, Purple, Unique
In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, there is a Grinder in The Junk Emporium which allows a player to put multiple weapons in it hoping to create a better version of those weapons.
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Grinder Recipes
You can also throw in similar-class weapons of low-rarity to receive high-rarity weapon of the same class. In this guide, I’m going to talk about different recipes for Grinder.
You can share your own recipes with us in the comments below and I’ll update the guide with your name.
How Grinder Recipes Work?
When it comes to grinding weapons to craft new weapons, the level of the weapons you are to add into the Grinder matters. The newly crafted weapon most likely will have an average of the weapon-levels which were used to craft it.
Another interesting you should note is, adding three weapons from the same manufacturer will most likely give you weapon made by a different manufacturer. It’s highly unlikely to grind some of the very unique weapons in the game especially blue, purple and orange.
What are Moonstone Bonuses?
To get better results with Grinder, you can throw in Moonstones in it and get useful bonuses. In this section, I’ll provide a complete list of Moonstone Bonuses that can be found in the game:
- Fast Learner – Bonus to XP from kills
- Harden Up – Improves maximum shields
- Boominator – Increases grenade damage
- Safeguard – Restores some of your shields on each kill
- Oxygenator – Damaging enemies restores Oxygen
- Piercing Rounds – Grants a chance to ignore enemy shields
- Punisher – Raises critical hit damage
- Serenity – Reduces rate of O2 consumption
Grinding Legendary, Purple, Unique and Rare Weapons
If you add two legendary and one purple items. The purple item added to the grinder will dictate the legendary base type. Lowest item added in the grinder in this combination will dictate the level of the crafted item. Don’t forget to add Moonstones to get the Luneshine Enhancement.
Legendary Weapon of Desired Type: Legendary Weapon + Legendary Weapon + Purple Weapon of Desired Type. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a purple.
Purple Weapon of Desired Type: Grind 3 Blue Weapon of Desired Type. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a blue item.
Random Purple Weapon: Grind 3 Random Blue Weapons. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a blue item.
Blue Weapon of Desired Type: Grind two green weapons of desired type and one green weapon. Without moonstone, you have a chance of getting a green.
Random Blue Weapon: Grind three random green weapons. If you don’t add moonstone, there is a chance of getting a green.
Green Weapon of Desired Type: Grind two white weapons of desired type and one additional white weapon. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a white weapon.
Random Green Weapon: Grind three white weapons on random. If you don’t add a moonstone, you have a chance of getting a white.
Grinding Purple Items
Adding 3 blue unique items into Grinder will yield a purple item. Do note that the crafted item will not have any special grind effects.
Grinder Recipes – Rarity Wise
- 3 White Pieces of Gear of same class = Green Piece of Gear of same class
- Three Green Pieces of Gear = One Piece of Blue Gear
- Three Blue Pieces of Gear = One Piece of Purple Gear
- Two Orange Guns + One Purple Gun = Orange Gun
Grinding Shields, Oz Kits, Class Mods, Grenade Mods
When it comes to Shields, Oz Kits, Class Mods and Grenade Mods, following rules will apply:
2 Blue Items Desired Type + 1 Random Blue Item. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a blue.
2 Green Items of Desired Type + 1 Random Green Item. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a green.
2 White Items of Desired Type + 1 Random White Item. If you don’t add moonstone, you have a chance of getting a white.
Grinding Recipes – Class Wise
- Two Assault Rifles + One Shotgun = Assault Rifle
- Two Assault Rifles + One Laser Gun = Assault Rifle
- Two Assault Rifles + One Pistol = Assault Rifle
- One SMG + One Auto Pistol + One Assault Rifle = Assault Rifle
- Two Assault Rifles + One Grenade = Rocket Launcher
- Two Shotguns + One Grenade = Rocket Launcher
- Two Sniper Rifles + One Grenade = Rocket Launcher
- Auto Pistol + Assault Rifle + Grenade = Rocket Launcher
- Shield + SMG + Pistol = Shotgun
- SMG + Auto Pistol + Assault Rifle = Shotgun
- Shotgun + Sniper Rifle + Shield
- Shotgun + Assault Rifle + Shield
- Assault Rifle + Pistol + Shield
- Laser Rifle + Assault Rifle + Pistol
- Assault + Laser + Sniper
Increased Rarity Class Mod
- Any three class mods of same rarity. The character who uses the grinder gets back the class mod.
Things That Don’t Work
Do note that combining two random things doesn’t always create something. For instance, combining three Purple Pieces of Gear doesn’t create anything. Furthermore, two Blue Guns that you receive for having Borderlands and Borderlands 2 save files cannot be ground.