The AMD Ryzen CPU was demoed recently and what a demo it was. AMD showed that the upcoming AMD...
The Sims 4 Cheats, Secret Locations, Cheat Codes for Testing Mode
Hearing the phrase, ‘Cheat Codes’ brings back many memories of the past. I still remember keeping a sheet of Grand Theft Auto and Age of Empires cheats written on it.
The Sims 4 Cheats, Secrets, Testing Mode
And it’s good to see Electronic Arts & Maxis including a plethora of cheat codes in its latest life-simulation game, The Sims 4. Enabling/Disabling a cheat code is as easy as it can get; open up the in-game console, and enter a cheat code.
Opening Up the In-Game Console
Since the game is available both on Windows PC and Mac OS X, opening the in-game console is somewhat different on both Operating Systems. While on Windows PC, press Ctrl + Shift + C and on Mac OS X, press Cmnd + Shift + C.
Once you the in-game console is opened up, you can enter the following commands for their desired effects:
List of Cheat Codes
- rosebud: Get 1,000 Simoleons
- kaching: Get 10,000 Simoleons
- motherlode: Get 50,000 Simoleons
- freerealestate on: Neighbourhood real estate become free
- |death.toggle: When turned off, your Sims will not die
- resetsim [enter full name without brackets]: Reset your Sim
- testingcheats true: Toggle on the testing mode
- cas.fulleditmode: Lets you edit attributes of a Sim (This cheat is unique to Testing Mode only)
- help: This will let you see all available cheat codes
- fullscreen: Toggle Fullscreen on/off
- headlineeffects on: It will turn on the headline effects
What is Testing Mode?
Testing Mode is a place where you can edit attributes of a Sim or objects much more efficiently than normal mode. After you have activated Testing Mode, open up the in-game console again, and enter the Testing Mode unique cheat code to get the desired effect.
After activating the Testing Mode, hold down Shift and click on a particular Sim or object to turn on/off the Interactive Options which are provided below:
- Add to Family: Add a Sim to active family
- Make Happy: Changes the mood to happy
- Disable Motive Decay: When enabled, this disables the mood swings
- Enable Motive Decay: When disabled, enables motives to change dynamically
- Teleport Me Here: Hold down Shift and click on any location in the map
- Modify in CAS: This will allow you to open up Sim in C-A-S editor
- Reset Object: Reset a particular object
- Make Dirty: Make an object dirty
- Make Clean: Make an object clean
Enhancing the Size of an Object
By holding down Shift and pressing the ‘]’ button on your keyboard, you will increase the size of an object.
Sylvan Glade Secret Location
To reach this secret location, you need to travel to Willow Creek and then to Crick Cabana. Here, you need to see the unique tree which will consequently let your enter the secret location.
Forgotten Grotto Secret Location
You will need a Level 10 Handiness Sim to reach this location. Head over to Oasis Springs and open up the Mineshaft in Desert Bloom Park to get to this location.
Did we miss any cheat codes that you would like us to add? Let us know in the comments below!