We are here with another free game giveaway and this time we are giving away easily one of the most...
Darksiders 2 Crucible Guide – Builds, Tarot Cards and Boss Fights
The crucible is an arena challenge where you are assaulted by numerous enemies in four stages of 25 waves each. It is unlocked once you’ve defeated the Guardian at the end of the Forge Lands. You can access the Crucible from any realm. You receive special rewards for reaching milestones within the Crucible, for information about these items, read our guide.
A Look At The Challenges of The Crucible
- Complete Stage I (Waves 1-25): Heartstone Talisman
- Complete Stage II (Waves 26-50): Abyssal Armor Boots
- Complete Stage III (Waves 51-75): Barbed Defilers
- Complete Stage IV (Waves 76-100): Abyssal Spaulders, Assassin Talisman
- Complete All 100 Waves in One Sitting: Aftermath
- Defeat Wicked Killington: Elemental Talisman
Note. There is a random loot chest that appears every five waves. You can open it and raid the contents, but it ends your current spree in the arena forcing you to restart.
How To Unlock the Crucible
Once you’ve defeated the Guardian, you’ll soon get an anonymous Tome Message. This is the invitation to the Crucible. Inside is a tarot card which will allow you to start the first stage. You get additional Tarot Cards that unlock the next stages at certain milestones.
A Look At Tarot Cards
It unlocks Waves 1-25 and you get it once you have defeated the Guardian.
It unlocks Waves 26-50 and you get it once you have defeated the Wailing Host.
It unlocks Waves 51-75 and you get it once you have defeated Samael.
It unlocks Waves 76-100 and you get it after advancing your character to Level 25.
It unlocks Wave 101 and you get it after you have cleared Waves 1-100 in a single visit to the Crucible.
You get it after you have defeated Wicked Killington in Wave 101.
Recommended Crucible Builds
If you aim to clear the Crucible, you might have to Respec your character by visiting Vulgrim and create a new character that is capable enough to clear the challenges you will face in this combat arena. Developer, Vigil Games have recommended this build for the Crucible Mode in Darksiders 2 but it shouldn’t stop from experimenting yourself.
- Attributes to Boost: Strength and Critical Damage
- Secondary Weapon: Heavy Hammer or Axe
- Harbinger Skills (13): Teleport Slash (3), Immolation (1), Unending Fury (3), Inescapable (3), Rage of the Grave (3)
- Necromancer Skills (12): Exhume (3), Undying (3), Enervation (3), Death Allure (3)
Read our Skill Tree Builds Guide for more on different skill tree variations you can try in Darksiders 2.
How To Clear The Crucible
As you can see, completing the Crucible is quite a feat. Knowledge is power, so use the following table, along with the in-depth guidelines of fighting tough enemies:
Crucible: Stage I (Recommended Level: 15-20)
- Wave 1 – 3 Construct Warriors
- Wave 2 – 5 Construct Warriors
- Wave 3 – 3 Construct Adjuncts and 3 Construct Warriors
- Wave 4 – 1 Construct Champion and 2 Construct Adjuncts
- Wave 5 – 2 Construct Champions
- Wave 6 – 10 Stingers
- Wave 7 – 4 Prowlers
- Wave 8 – 9 Prowlers
- Wave 9 – 1 Stalkers and 10 Stingers
- Wave 10 – 2 Stalkers and 3 Prowlers
- Wave 11 – 5 Tainted Construct Adjunct
- Wave 12 – 1 Construct Sentinel and 3 Tainted Construct Warrior
- Wave 13 – 1 Tainted Construct Champion and 5 Tainted Construct Warriors
- Wave 14 – 1 Construct Sentinel and 2 Tainted Construct Champions
- Wave 15 – 1 Gharn and 4 Tainted Construct Warriors
- Wave 16 – 30 Stingers
- Wave 17 – 2 Savage Prowler and 4 Tainted Construct Adjuncts
- Wave 18 – 1 Savage Stalker and 5 Stingers
- Wave 19 – 1 Tainted Construct Champion and 1 Savage Stalker
- Wave 20 – 2 Savage Stalker and 1 Tainted Construct Champion
- Wave 21 – 3 Tainted Construct Champions
- Wave 22 – 1 Corrupted Rideable Construct
- Wave 23 – 1 Gorewood
- Wave 24 – 1 Gharn and 1 Ghorn
- Wave 25 – 1 Gorewood and 2 Tainted Construct Champion
From Wave 1 to 5, you’ll be tossed a bunch of Construct enemies of different types (ranging from the basic Construct Warrior to the Construct Champion) to fight against. This shouldn’t be too much of a problem if you have decent enough equipment and good specs.